Team 1

wtnhunt

• 2 weeks later...

cool looking buck Al, I like the flyer off his left side. Good Luck.

I'm still at it until end of December, although I'll admit since I got my 6 a few weeks back I've slowed down a bit, don't have much time to hunt except the usual Saturday and the last two or so Saturday's here the weather has been miserable, not just heavy rain but winds as well. This coming doesn't look great either. I usually get out for a few sits around Christmas time, so I'm looking forward to that. 

Understand...The chase phase of the rut where I'm hunting in Mississippi should start in around a week.  Yep...real late here compared to most of the country.  The tough part for me lately has been staying patient so I don't start to feel burnt out when I really need to spend more hours in a stand...soon now.  

Headed to camp this afternoon to hunt and check cams.  I won't have a wind to hunt any of the stands where I'm getting the 4x6 on cams until tomorrow though.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been very active on the thread, but I have been active in the woods.  I shot a nice buck the third week of November with my bow but never found him.  25 yards broadside.  From the blood trail, my exit was lower than I had liked but he was pouring blood.  Trailed him for 300 yards and lost blood.  Got a friends bluetick hound but couldn't get on him.  I'm fairly certain he didn't make it but I have yet to find his remains so maybe he did?

I'm heading to Pond Creek Refuge in Arkansas on the 26th for a 4 day bowhunt.  Will try to shoot a decent buck but plan on killing a couple doe for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent most of the holiday period in the woods but didn't bag another buck yet.  Passed on a number of them.  Had a great hunt New Years morning seeing 10 different bucks.  The 1st one was a tall 8 but I didn't have a clear shot.  Saw the other 9 bucks that morning multiple times but the tall 8 didn't show again.  2 of the other 9 bucks were mature but I was holding out for another crack at the tall 8 that didn't happen.  The next day and a half the deer appeared to be in lockdown.  Headed back to the woods tomorrow.

BTW...a friend of mine killed the big 4x6 10 point (trail cam pics above).  I scored it at 160 7/8" gross.  Great buck for this part of the country.

Edited by Rhino

LOL on the ice in Maine.  We still have this month to go but I don't have any bucks on cams in MS with over 10 points...virtually no chance for an upgrade.  Wish we knew what was going on with Shaun300's deer season.  He's never posted in the team thread.  He was on my team last year too and checked in once late in the season.  Frustrating when 25% of the team won't participate.