Been awhile!

Gator

Greetings everyone, hope all is well. Been awhile since I have been on here, many things have changed over the last, well, 10yrs. Change of jobs that kept me VERY busy, well, for 11 years lol. Got married, had grandkids (, well, kids had grandkids) Lost a daughter. And am now retired. (was a damn rough road from losing a daughter till now). But, I have quite a bit of time on my hands nowadays, and with hunting season right around the corner, (I can't shoot a bow anymore, and hated a crossbow) I will be spending alot of time chasing the deer. I hope to get out on an elk hunt this year as well, now that I am eligible to hunt FT Sill Ok. Looking forward to catching up with everyone. Hope all is well with you all

20 minutes ago, hutchies said:

First time I’ve logged on in years and look who I see. Get after them my friend. 

You to! I plan on being in Texas for the rut, and my goal this year is to knock down a goodun. Always been limited on time, time is not an issue this year. Unless of course "life" gets in the way

On 10/19/2021 at 3:01 PM, Dawg said:

Good to see you check back in Gator!

Congrats on your marriage and sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter.

The Childress area is one of my favorite spots in the state.  I hunted the Matador WMA there a few years ago. 

I am fortunate that I have a friend that has about 800 acres that I am able to hunt anytime I want.

• 1 month later...

Been AWOL myself on here for the past 10 years. Retired 12 years ago, but was hanging around Tim Horton's coffee shops too much for 2 years, so I opted to return to the work force. Was supposed to be a part-time job for 6 or 7 months, but turned into a 10 year full-time job that often compromised my off hours as well as weekends. Pulled the pin (retired again) this fall and have spent more time hunting this year than in the past 6 years combined. When I returned to work 10 years ago, my time on the 'ol computer took a significant back seat (as evidenced by this my first post in here in over 10 years). In the past 10 years, I have seen 5 grandkids added to the family tree and lost my brother 10 years my junior. Which reminds me to offer this advice, "Get a check-up at the doctor's office, get your blood work done and your heart checked! Playing the tough guy and saying that you don't need no stinkin' check-ups, makes no sense"! I see a few names here that I remember from 10 to 12 years ago. Hope y'all have had a great hunting season thus far, and all the best from the north of the border.....again!

My condolences Gator on your loss!

TBow

• 2 weeks later...