Plots are in.

Ultradog

I went up Monday morning and plowed up our plots. Then disced, seeded and dragged.                                                      Wasn't sure what to put in this year.

During the drought we had last year nothing grew except for some kind of wispy weed which proliferated. So i put in winter rye. Am hoping it can compete with that weed if it comes back.

If the rye does okay I will bush hog it off this fall when it is ripe and disc the seed back in for some browse  late fall and early  next spring.

Will do something else If it doesn't do well.

Sitting in an unmovable blind means you Must have something to bring the deer in or you might as well stay home.

I always look at Memorial day as kind of the halfway point till the opener though I know it is a couple weeks over half way. Any way, I everyone here will give a thought to the  servicemen who didn't make it home from the wars which is what this holiday is all about. And keep counting the days.  The hunt will be upon us again soon.

20220523_174317.thumb.jpg.e576749ef7a6147d491b618bd4f67ef4.jpg

Edited by Ultradog