Deer won’t come to feeder

Libs

8114d3e7276f20b54f0f6c0da00512d8.jpg

ca6ed67f8970f49722be1f82597dbdba.jpg

eb78d098ef84eecae209dc4b973a2f8f.jpg

We have had this protein feeder out for several months now. Deer will not touch it. We have tried different locations and nothing works. Only raccoons and opossums eat it. We have another feeder just like it across the land with the same feed in it and the feed won’t last 4-5 days due to deer eating it. Can someone help me understand why the deer won’t eat out of this one feeder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a while since I used protein feeders.  Most protein is made from a milk base and may take time for deer to get used to eating it.  With that type of protein, they recommend mixing corn with it until they get used to eating it.  I didn't care for that type at all.  We used a protein that was not milk based and smelled like apple when you opened the bag.  Never had an issue with deer feeding on it no matter where the feeders were placed.  Sorry, I don't recall the name of that protein feed.  It was essentially the same as Primos Swamp Donkey feed except we were getting it in 50-pound bags, a pallet of 40 bags at a time.

• 9 months later...