Stellar Year

Gator

So this deer season has been one for the ages. Hunted a new piece of property that I had only hog and coyote hunted in years past, which was fine by me. The individual that had been deer hunting it previously and the landowner had a dispute, so it was my turn.  Hunted the whole week of blackpowder, watching little bucks from spikes to a young 8pt all week, with no does in the area, and when they did show, the bucks would chase them off. Last day of the season I connected on a good 11pt, would have been a 12, but had broken a tine. He is real narrow, but HEAVY.

Second buck taken in an undisclosed location, lol. All legit, just not at liberty to say where.

The third buck was taken on the same property as the first buck. He had first shown up the 12th of November, and never saw him again till the 25th. Had a doe come in, only to be run off by a little buck, and when she ran off, he stepped out to give chase. I couldn't see or hear them anymore, but little did I know he had made his way out into the field and was coming in from my downwind side. He either heard me move, or smelled me, and made his way back into the timber. Actually had a shot at him there, only to have my rifle go "CLICK", I had forgot to load it! Man, I was sick to say the least. But, seeing as the doe was still in the area, he stuck around. He ended stepping out to my right, where I had just a small window in my ground blind, as I had not intended to have a shot that direction. He stayed out there, but there was a tree right at the window, and a bigger clump between us. As he made his way back to the west, with the trees in the way, I dug around and pulled out my grunt tube, hit it three times, and he stepped back between two trees, giving me a quartering away shot. Needless to say, the gun was now loaded, and he dropped where he stood. He is a big 10, narrow as well, but good tine length. He ended up dressing out at 165, and had no fat whatsoever, unlike my ML buck, that had a ton of fat, but I had forgot to weigh him. Both the first and 3rd bucks are now at the taxidermist, I did a euro on the second. To say I was blessed this year is an understatement. Hope all is well with everyone!

IMG-1381.jpg

IMG-1412.JPG

IMG-1420.jpg

IMG-1440.jpg

• 2 weeks later...