mountain lions in pa

Guest tunkhannockbowhunter

Guest tunkhannockbowhunter

anyone from pa that have seen or heard any stories about mountain lion sightings recently. my friend and i have been gathering all the info we can about the possibilty that there may be mlions in pa. Mostly because my friends dad is a big an outdoorsman as anyone and he is a great person and is not one to make up a story. He saw one a few years back and ever since then we have heard all kinds of stories. personally i believe they are hear but i would like to see proof.

Re: mountain lions in pa

I've heard all kinds of stories...Mt. Lions in PA, PGC stocking coyotes, trucker's turning wild boars loose, rattle snakes drop by balloons. Sorry, until "I" see a Mt. lion, green pick-up unloading yotes, cattle truck with wild boars running out the back or flying snakes...I don't believe stories. wink.gif

BTW, I've never seen a ghost, UFO, or bigfoot either! grin.gif

I've heard that up in the Adirondacks here in NY there are some, I've even heard that the DEC let some go here to get rid of the coyotes. Even my outdoor rec professor who hunts says he wouldn't be surprised if they are around because they used to be years ago anyway. He said the DEC keeps quiet about some things.

I talked to a WCO about 5 years ago who told me of an incident in Berks Co. where a lady called the PGC to report that a Mt. Lion had killed one of her goats. The PGC was skeptical, but sent a WCO to check it out. The Mt. Lion was of course gone by the time he got there, but the evidence was indisputable. The woman had videotaped the Mt. Lion dragging the goat into the woods and there were tracks everywhere. THe PGC said it was probably a pet that was let loose when it got big or it got away from an exotic game farm. They claim there are no reproducing cougars in the wild of Pa.

Well, I don;t care if it is a pet or wild- it was there roaming the woods killing things- that's good enough for me!

Why wouldnt they be? They tracked a lion from South Dakota to Oklahoma. If one could travel that far im sure you have some in your neck of the woods.

For years our wildlife department didnt admit they were here for one reason or another, even though they even had them in Texas. Now our regulations state that its illegal to shoot on in Oklahoma.