Bighorn Sheep Pics From Yesterday

Guest BCBOY

Re: Bighorn Sheep Pics From Yesterday

Nice pics! ARe those ones close to a populatied area? I thought they would be wary of people all year, ewes included. A few years ago in Banff i went for a hike and got that close to a group of 3/4 and full curl rams. But even in a park they had limits, one finally lowered his head and charged.

Guest Colorado Bob

Great Photos----I REALLY like the one with your daughter & the sheep in the back ground. Looks like you are going to have another sheep hunter in the family ! I love looking at sheep. I hope to draw another tag here in Colorado in a few more years. CB

I took these pics up in Jasper Alberta. It's only 3 hours from where I live here in BC so I took the family camping for the weekend. We saw these young rams, ewes and lambs on a hillside above town. Was nice that they weren't down on the highway posing for the other tourists. We had this group all to ourselves. The kids thought it was pretty cool to get soooo close to them.

I'm heading out on the 5th on a highcountry muley hunt in an area that will make the scenery in these pics look hohum. Not only will I be chasing trophy muleys but also mountain goats and California bighorns. The Calis open on the 10th and are a full-curl general season. Calis rarely become full-curl, so the odds are slim that I will be able to locate a legal ram but I'll have fun trying.