Glow-in-the-dark Sight Pins?

buckee

I have a Savage Pendulum sight with a nighthawk pin and Duelly pin for my 30yd.

The Nighthawk pin glows in the dark, without any light source what-so-ever.

This is the pin I have that glows in the dark, anytime

Savage Systems Night Hawk 1 Sight Pin

535406.jpg

My question is, does anyone know of a regular bow-sight that has pins that will glow in complete darkness, without any light source ??

Re: Glow-in-the-dark Sight Pins?

I love mine too, for that last 10 or 15 minutes of legal shooting light up here, especially on cloudy evenings.

I'm thinking of switching to a regular 3 or 4 pin sight for my other bow, but I love those pins so much, I'm not willing to give them up for anything less. grin.gif

Do they come in different colours?

Are there any more out there?

Thanks bud wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know Steve. I know they are making them to be more succeptable to light even more now but even still, they only last so long as it get's dark.

[/ QUOTE ]

These pins glow in the dark all night long Mike...seriously. I love them.

I've tried fibre-optics sights before and never really got much extra hunting time out of them. These things are truly awesome.

There is a little vile of tritium that sits behind the fibre-optics on these things. During the day, the natural light powers the fibre-optics, and the tritium just stores light. During darkness, the light stored in the tritium powers the fibre-optics. Tritium is kind of like phosphorous

I had a savage featherweight with a nighthawk,and I loved it too.I sold it to my friend to help him get started.I now have a cheap tru-glo sight from walmart,and I bought a .029 tru glo tritium pin.It is every bit as good as the nighthawk.It will fit any standard 3/16" slot.I highly recommend it.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.T...arTarget=browse

• 14 years later...
  • 5 months later...