2005 Bear with the Bow

camelNS

Got this small boar on Wednesday,Sept.28/05 at 6:45pm.Made a perfect shot at 20yards and he ran about 20 yards and it was over.He dressed out at 225.lbs.I couldn't believe how much fat he had on him.It was my first sit at my new bait site and also the first animal I harvested with the new bow.Time for deer now!!!!

food_plot_005.jpg

Guest Colorado Bob

Re: 2005 Bear with the Bow

Conglads on the bear. Looks like the new bait site worked out. Is that an average bear in your area? What was his length? 5"4" is about the average here. Weight around 225 to 250 I would guess for this time of year. What would guess his age to be? CB

Great bear: 225...not exactly small! Remember Everyone shoots a "300 pounder". grin.gif That looks like a good bear! I am not trying to hijack your post...but here is mine from this year: 162#...and it was just fine in my book! Can't wait to get the steaks back! I love bear meat! 327092.jpg

Bear hunting is pretty awesome....I dont' care who you are the ol' heart gets pounding! Great bear!

[ QUOTE ]

Conglads on the bear. Looks like the new bait site worked out. Is that an average bear in your area? What was his length? 5"4" is about the average here. Weight around 225 to 250 I would guess for this time of year. What would guess his age to be? CB

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Guys!!!Hey CB,thats about an average bear around here.200-300.lbs is probably average.There was a 430.lb bear shot the second week of the season here.Mine measured 4'6" from nose to tail.I would guess he is a 2 1/2 year old bear.Here is another pic that shows how fat he is.I trimmed a good solid 4" of fat off him and about 7" on his hind end.He was really ready for winter.Fattest bear I ever skinned.Congrats on your bear birddog.Your right bow hunting bears is AWESOME!!!!!!!

food_plot_004.jpg

Guest clayton819

i also took my first bear with a bow this year but we dont hunt over bait we only use dogs. so we shoot them out of the trees. he dressed out at 335 and he was dead befor he hit the ground. he was a fighter. on his back he had a 4 cuts acrost it from fighting and his ears where all split and mouth was the same. he was only 4'11" but he was fat had over 5 inches on him. just the skin with the head was 150lbs with the fat still on.