Guest Andrea Posted October 24, 2005 Report Share Posted October 24, 2005 Not sure where else to post this. So I just put it in here. Who here has any experience with Black & Tan Coonhounds???? [image][/image] Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MrWiggely Posted October 25, 2005 Report Share Posted October 25, 2005 Re: Coon hound I do and absolutely love the hound. We used them for years when coon were bringing a good price. We also ran blueticks and english walkers. And you couldn's beat the redbone in a fight with the coon either. Wigs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NiteRunner Posted October 25, 2005 Report Share Posted October 25, 2005 Re: Coon hound Don't own one but have hunted with a couple. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Andrea Posted October 25, 2005 Report Share Posted October 25, 2005 Re: Coon hound Well, I have always wanted one. Not for hunting coons though. Just wondered about the temperment and if they bark and howl at every little thing like beagles do. They are very beautiful. And I hear they are extremely expensive. I can't find anyone around here who breeds them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mainebuck Posted October 25, 2005 Report Share Posted October 25, 2005 Re: Coon hound Here's teh B&T classifieds on the UKC site: http://www.ukcdogs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=9035b9cdc10fb4c6c85f92b5d37f4251&forumid=21 You may find a pup in your area on there. I've had redbones and walkers. my step-dad had a black & tan for a while. As far as temperment for a pet like you're talking about they should be fine as long as they're trained. like any other hunting dog, they have a natural instinct to hunt so they will howl and back, especially if they scent something they like. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.