jdickey Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 EXXON-Mobile just annouced 3rd qtr profits of $9.92 billion - THE LARGEST QUARTERLY PROFIT ON RECORD BY ANY U.S. COMPANY! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest lostiniowa Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! p.2 billion in one quater yeah they are not price gouging. I bet if the all the people in washington were not making money they would do something! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
muggs Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! and here I thought the high gas prices were just because refinery cost were so high?? yeah right, I didn't buy it when I heard it, and i don't buy it now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hutchies Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! You do to still buy it everyday you get in your car. That is crazy. Just think 1 quarter and everyone on this forum could live for the rest of their life without working. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
muggs Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! good point hutch, they know when they got ya don't they? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HarvDog Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! And here's where some of this profit goes... The Audi A8 in SILVER was made for a sheik....IT IS NOT SILVER in COLOR, IT IS MADE out of SILVER!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Andrea Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a waste!!!!!!! You know, that car would look really good with mirrored tint on the windows............. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest SRA Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! are those gents from the funny farm......... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
muggs Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! looks like they're trying to figure out where the bomb will go. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest SRA Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! [ QUOTE ] look like they're trying to figure out where the bomb will go. [/ QUOTE ] LMBO......."here good spot???......yes/no....?" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hutchies Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! [ QUOTE ] look like they're trying to figure out where the bomb will go. [/ QUOTE ] Now thats funny!!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TreeWalker Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! [ QUOTE ] and here I thought the high gas prices were just because refinery cost were so high?? yeah right, I didn't buy it when I heard it, and i don't buy it now. [/ QUOTE ] I contacted all of my elected Congressman and Senators via e-mail with this information and a personal complaint.......wonder if I'll receive any response ?? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JimT Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! Gross...... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
muggs Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] and here I thought the high gas prices were just because refinery cost were so high?? yeah right, I didn't buy it when I heard it, and i don't buy it now. [/ QUOTE ] I contacted all of my elected Congressman and Senators via e-mail with this information and a personal complaint.......wonder if I'll receive any response ?? [/ QUOTE ] not likely, awe the power of the almighty dollar huh? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jdickey Posted October 27, 2005 Author Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! OOOPPPPS! Sorry... I left out a figure... it should be $9.92 billion! And British Petroleum recorded $6.8 billion qtrly profit! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TreeStandBowHunter Posted October 27, 2005 Report Share Posted October 27, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! No your right, you have to roast a pig on top of the car first Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted October 28, 2005 Report Share Posted October 28, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! you're seeing class here, folks. the upper class, and our class. those profits suck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jdickey Posted October 28, 2005 Author Report Share Posted October 28, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! Made a couple of phone calls... found some guys that would be more than happy to take care of that HOOPTY... HELO THUNDER Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
slugshooter Posted October 28, 2005 Report Share Posted October 28, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! Not really surprised at all at that announcement, Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Finn Posted October 28, 2005 Report Share Posted October 28, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! [ QUOTE ] EXXON-Mobile just annouced 3rd qtr profits of $9.92 billion - THE LARGEST QUARTERLY PROFIT ON RECORD BY ANY U.S. COMPANY! [/ QUOTE ] That doesn't surprise me one bit. Just amazed we have to roll over and take it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted October 28, 2005 Report Share Posted October 28, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! [ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ] EXXON-Mobile just annouced 3rd qtr profits of $9.92 billion - THE LARGEST QUARTERLY PROFIT ON RECORD BY ANY U.S. COMPANY! [/ QUOTE ] That doesn't surprise me one bit. Just amazed we have to roll over and take it. [/ QUOTE ] Heard this on the news last night, nope no great surprise. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted October 28, 2005 Report Share Posted October 28, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! I'd say most of us in here in this forum are pretty conservative, and probably Republican, and typically are for less government intervention, and then I see bunch of folks crabbing about high profits. I don't begrudge anyone something they've earned, in any market, I may not support their market, or I will try not to support their market if at all possible. Professional sports is a good example. I think ticket prices are outrageous, that's why I don't pay them anymore. Fof the matter is (the way I see it, and based on my understanding of a free market), they have it (oil), we need it, so we pay. Period. IMHO, crabbing abooot it won't do a bit of good. Finding alternative sources and finding other ways to reduce the demand on gas and diesel is the way to go. Just my thoughts, flame away. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MichiganHuntr1 Posted October 28, 2005 Report Share Posted October 28, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! [ QUOTE ] I'd say most of us in here in this forum are pretty conservative, and probably Republican, and typically are for less government intervention, and then I see bunch of folks crabbing about high profits. I don't begrudge anyone something they've earned, in any market, I may not support their market, or I will try not to support their market if at all possible. Professional sports is a good example. I think ticket prices are outrageous, that's why I don't pay them anymore. Fof the matter is (the way I see it, and based on my understanding of a free market), they have it (oil), we need it, so we pay. Period. IMHO, crabbing abooot it won't do a bit of good. Finding alternative sources and finding other ways to reduce the demand on gas and diesel is the way to go. Just my thoughts, flame away. [/ QUOTE ] Well Said Chris Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ZooBear Posted October 28, 2005 Report Share Posted October 28, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! [ QUOTE ] I'd say most of us in here in this forum are pretty conservative, and probably Republican, and typically are for less government intervention, and then I see bunch of folks crabbing about high profits. I don't begrudge anyone something they've earned, in any market, I may not support their market, or I will try not to support their market if at all possible. Professional sports is a good example. I think ticket prices are outrageous, that's why I don't pay them anymore. Fof the matter is (the way I see it, and based on my understanding of a free market), they have it (oil), we need it, so we pay. Period. IMHO, crabbing abooot it won't do a bit of good. Finding alternative sources and finding other ways to reduce the demand on gas and diesel is the way to go. Just my thoughts, flame away. [/ QUOTE ] I'm not going to flame you but I do disagree. Oil and gas are not the same as sports tickets, in that it affects the price of everything in this country. People need gas in order to work. its not something we can simply give up like a night at the bar. I think a free market is a great thing however, without competition there is no free market. The sad fact is that the American Goverment has been bought and paid for by the gas and oil lobbies. I don't care if you are Dem. or Rep. in Congress or the President of the USA, you have been funded by the G&O lobbies money! I hope someone can give some names of people who have refused these contributions and still been elected to office. I really hope I'm wrong about this. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
horst Posted October 28, 2005 Report Share Posted October 28, 2005 Re: OIL COMPANY ANNOUNCES RECORD PROFIT! I got whats probably a real stupid question. Remember not to long ago when the government went after Microsoft for having a monopoly on the computer market and making it impossible for consumers to buy anything except thier product? How is that any different then what OPECs done with fuel?At least with computer accesories the consumer could decide not to buy it, with oil/gas were just pretty well screwed and will have to pay whatever they charge. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.