Big moose

sasksheds

Re: Big moose

Anybody who has een pics of Alaskan Moose knows that that is a very real monster. They're not all that big but I've seen many that are 60" plus and breathtaking. Like CLB said in his post, "shame on those of you who called it a fake", that's just a dinosaur like monster moose, they exist in Alaska and the Yukon. Sure the guy sat behind it to make it look even bigger but accusing it of being a photoshop?????????? Learn more about the species before commenting! mad.gif

Could you imagine finding the sheds off that beast. Sure would take one heck of a sherpa to backpack them out.;) Having picked up tons of big moose sheds and chased the smaller Canada's around, I didn't question the photo when I first saw it. I just sat and stared with my jaw on the floor.

• 2 weeks later...

i think the reason people may thing it is fake is that the camera is focused more on the antlers than one the man in the background, which, makes him look very small, or the moose look very big. if it were a direct size comparison with the man's chest vs the moose's face, it would give the moose about a 20" wide face - if the man was in front of it, I think there would be a lot less people questioning the picture

• 1 month later...

Update from the B&C website. It wasn't quite as big as originally estimated.

[ QUOTE ]

UPDATE: Eric's great Alaska-Yukon moose has been officially scored at 236 B&C. Should the moose be accepted at that score upon review, it would stand at 118th on the all-time list. Greatest spread was 74 inches, with 12 points on each antler (not counting a total of four abnormal points.) Definitely a fantastic trophy

[/ QUOTE ]

Still a pretty nice trophy grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif