iabow Posted March 16, 2006 Report Share Posted March 16, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? [ QUOTE ] I like to be around 20 to 25'. Any higher than that, and the kill zone angle gets too steep for me. Any lower and you run the risk of deer spotting movement and catching a whiff of you. [/ QUOTE ] Same here. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ksbowhntr77 Posted March 16, 2006 Report Share Posted March 16, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? [ QUOTE ] id rather be higher in the 25 foot range, for good cover, but sometimes 15 is all i get. I just have to trust the realtree camo and stay still [/ QUOTE ] Yeah, that's pretty much the same for me. Higher is better, up to the 20-25 foot range. I still really like the 15' range. When the deer come in you feel like you reach out and touch them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PAbowhunter86 Posted March 16, 2006 Report Share Posted March 16, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? It depends on the area. If it is thick you may not be able to see as well or get as many shots from bring high up. If the area is open then high may be good. I have climb only 10 feet and I have climbed to 25 feet both were right for the situation. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cutter Posted March 16, 2006 Report Share Posted March 16, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? Im around the 16 foot mark. Thats high enough for me. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ilhnter Posted March 16, 2006 Report Share Posted March 16, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? We use tree 16ft ladder stands, which is plenty high enough, but we also hunt out of three lock-ons that we usually put up about 18 or 19ft. Plenty high enough for me and the deer don't seem to notice. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hunterDWL Posted March 16, 2006 Report Share Posted March 16, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? the higher the better Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mirage Posted March 17, 2006 Author Report Share Posted March 17, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? for you guys that hunt lower than 18 feet do you worry about getting busted? I have a good spot but it is in a small row of trees between two feilds and i can get up 20 feet but not much back round cover any idea? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest stsi36 Posted March 17, 2006 Report Share Posted March 17, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? i like 15 to 20 because the deer cant smell or see you as well but you can still get a really aesy shot Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hatetomiss Posted March 17, 2006 Report Share Posted March 17, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? i try to stay around 20 ft give or take 5 depends on the cover Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tom2008 Posted March 18, 2006 Report Share Posted March 18, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? [ QUOTE ] for you guys that hunt lower than 18 feet do you worry about getting busted? I have a good spot but it is in a small row of trees between two feilds and i can get up 20 feet but not much back round cover any idea? [/ QUOTE ] I dont' worry at all about getting busted I have seen a lots of deer and other animals come by without knowing I'm even there. Even the squirrels don't notice I had one climb up the tree right next to my ear. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TreeStandBowHunter Posted March 18, 2006 Report Share Posted March 18, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? Depends but I usually go about 15 or so ft...usually does the trick. Alot of it depends on the situation though...I have gone lower and I have gone higher! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WI2506 Posted March 19, 2006 Report Share Posted March 19, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? I usually go about 15 feet for most..a couple are at 20. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest holt525 Posted March 19, 2006 Report Share Posted March 19, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? My ladder stands are 12ft. then with my climer or ones i built i go as high as possible... 20 - 30 ft Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted March 20, 2006 Report Share Posted March 20, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? My ladder stands are all 12 feet. I primarily use my climber for bow hunting though and usually climb to about 20 feet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest HONKERS44 Posted March 26, 2006 Report Share Posted March 26, 2006 Re: Treestand Heights? i'm ussally up about 15 to 20 feet....depending on the tree growth.....sometimes i'll even drop down to 12 feet......i've arrowed many dear under 15 feet...as long as you keep your movements to a minium..Honkers44 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.