"Trophy Hunter" are you one?

rifleman25

Re: \"Trophy Hunter\" are you one?

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'm a trophy hunter but I don't like to shoot small bucks and doe's.I'll turn 45 this month and I don't know if I'm that lazy now and don't want to gut a deer,check it in then take it to my friend that processes them.My son gives me a hard time because I haven't shot a deer in the last 3-4 years but I enjoy watching these young bucks and let them walk,now if it is a really nice buck I'll take him.It seems like the older I get the more I enjoy just spending time sitting in the stand,glassing and watching the animals rather than putting pressure on myself thinking I need to kill a deer.

Weird huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow im 47 and i resemble this remark... i havent harvested a deer in close to 5 seasons, had plenty of chances on younger, smaller bucks but didnt squeese off ...if el muey grande stepped out, i wouldnt hesitate one milli second.... wink.gif

Guest Lever_gun450

Re: \"Trophy Hunter\" are you one?

For elk we usually go for either cows or bulls. To fill the freezer. If we have the chance, the bull is always taken. When it comes to deer I try to take only larger bucks. However, i'm still young so I'm in the " I gotta get something every year" mode..a small buck might squeek in there every once in a while,lol.

~Dave