OK OK Outfitter Problems

KirkV

well it atrted when 4 weeks before we left for the trip we recieved a letter that stated that the outfitter my friend had used before 2 years ago had sold the lodge and buisness to another person. We called and were told not to worry as it would be the same and they were even upgrading tents etc.

Then while we were driving out...18 hrs he called and asked if we were going by cabelas if we could grab another wall tent and stove as he was short.

When we got there nobody was at the lodge but the cook,as he and he was still buying suppl;ies to take up to the high camp by horseback and his wife was helping set up camp. This all should have been done long before.

He arrived the next morning and after breakfast told us to follow him to the pasture to get our horses since he had no wranglers present at that time. He stated they were in the upper camp, but in reality 4 of them quit him the week before we arrived.

We brushed blanketed and saddled our own horses and had to help the others that did not know how.

Now I am not some pampered sissy and expect others to do my work but for $4500 you expexct this to be done.

We loaded the panyards sp? with our bags and finally got up the mountain. The tents were not put up right and sagged, there were 7 hunters in camp when we were told there would be 6.

I will cut it to short sentences to save time, The breaksfast's were bad " Bacon and sliced potatoes", lunches packed with no water, Had to get your own horse ready every morning, never made it out of camp on time, no prescouting done by the guide or the others, the tent leaked on my sleeping bag. No shower as was promised...I would not have used anyway. Horses did not have enough feed and he was trying to get someone hired to bring it up.

On and On and On. I will stop there and say we all stopped hunting after 3 days of a 7 day hunt and demanded refunds. Supposably all that did not kill elk, 5 of them, will get full refunds. My hunting partner and I asked for 1/2 our fees back.

We are still waitnig to see the money in the mail!

Comments or questions?

Kirk

Re: OK OK Outfitter Problems

I went on a black bear hunt in AUg in Ontario and know what you're going thru---BAD TRIP! I went with a differant outfitter this time because the season came in earlier and my boy didn't have to miss school. I talked to this guy on the phone and it sounded good and I didn't do enough homework. I shou;ld have checked him out better. I don't think he baited until we got there,rotten tree stands,drunk,rolled me off the quad,ect.ect.