africam

Guest Colorado Bob

Re: africam

10:25 AM PT and I just got done watching about 25 minutes of 2 female lions and 1 male lion. One of the females was right by the tree the camera is in!

They meandered around and there was a vehicle from the lodge that was following them. Severl people in the vehicle and they got real close to all 3 of the lions. I would guess within 25 yards!

Quite the show!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears they got the camera stuck in IR mode for the nightvision and cannot get it out. They are working on fixing it. They were having trouble with the auto-focus and auto-iris settings on the camera late yesterday and today it completely got stuck on IR mode. It's pure white since the zebras left this morning at 5:00AM (Cam Time) because it's light out and with the IR on it's making the screen that bright that everything turns to white. Occasional black squares and things have shown up recently, might be a good sign or a really bad sign. We heard a jeep earlier and people around that might have been trying to figure out the problem with the camera. So, right now the camera is just a vocals no visual until fixed. These were the last pictures it displayed before it got too light outside to see anymore on it.

True black and white zebras. lol

wmplayer2006-12-2222-02-15-17.jpg

wmplayer2006-12-2222-02-29-06.jpg

wmplayer2006-12-2222-02-48-73.jpg

wmplayer2006-12-2222-03-11-50.jpg

Got to watch two male and a female lion lounge around. Got some really good closeup video of them because the cameraman zoomed in on each lion. grin.gif Such amazing cats! According to the africam website they are establishing a new pride in the area, so they will soon become very frequent visitors. Now I just need to catch a glimps the elephants, rhinos, hyenas, and jackals. I missed both the hyena and jackal by a few minutes last night.

Yeah I heard the racket that went down during the possible kill time. It was just dark out still so the cameraman wasn't there to zoom around and see what was going on. Once it got light out the cameraman was there but the kill was already eaten by then and they were just drinking and lounging around. There are two male and a female there somewhere. Saw them for a bit, but the safari truck kind of made them move into the woods a bit, except for this lazy male in the middle of the road laying.

The lions drug their kill out into camera view. Total of six lions in the pride. 3 males and 3 females. Seemed to have killed a female or young male cape buffalo from the herd that passed by in the night. The noises I heard later on that night were almost 99% likely the kill taking place. Amazing Christmas present! grin.gif

Been doing that all day. They eat until they near explode and pant for hours while laying down. Panting makes their digestion speed up. Then they go back for more when they have more room to stuff more in. I think this is the third or fourth helping for them today. They'll have that cape buffalo gone in no time. If not the hyenas and jackals will have it tonight, unless they guard it all night.