Antelope hunt

wheelin99xj

Guest Colorado Bob

Re: Antelope hunt

If I were suggesting a unit---I would probably say 23. Lots of goats, lots of public land. Only downside is that you will get a nice respectable buck but he will not be a B/C class. But not many in WY are. Advice is don't shot the 1st one you see----there are alot of antelope---look a bunch over before you pull the trigger.

It's a fun hunt & you'l have blast. Make sure you use your binocs, practice with your rifle so you can make a 250 yard shot. Take knee pads & leather glove-----you will probably have to do a belly crawl on a stock & there are alot of cactus.

Ask more questions & I'll try & answer. CB

Thanks, I will look into that unit. I will do some more research and get back to you with more questions. Is the chance of killing a decent antelope pretty good though? I have never been so I really don't know what to expect. Thanks also about the hint on knee pads and leather gloves. Any more advice is welcomed. Thanks again.

Guest Colorado Bob

You'll get a good antelope. One that you can mount & have a good represenative head. But you will not get a B/C buck. But it's a fun DIY hunt & you'll have a blast & you'll see alot antelope. CB