Newarcher Posted January 5, 2007 Report Share Posted January 5, 2007 For those that know, my son is in second grade and is having a difficult time. Mostly him, partly the disorganized, discheveled, disgrace of a teacher he has. My son forgot his homework assignment last night....telling time and fractions using the clock. So my wife had him do some handwritten problems using the template from the previous night's homework. I get a call this afternoon from my wife who can barely speak (because she is mad) saying that our son told us that the teacher had looked at the paper and crumpled it up right in front of him. Uh oh, war time. I emailed the teacher and asked her to call me. She called back as pleasant as punch. So I explained it to her and asked her what happened to that paper. She said, almost hesitating, "I recycled it". I asked, in front of him, while he was standing there? She said she looked at it, and said "good for you for trying and turning this in" but since she couldn't grade it she recycled it. I indicated ....not knowing if she had really said that or not.... that our son took that as a very negative thing. She said no, that she thanked him and told him that he actually did more problems than if he had done the real homework. We got off the phone with me sounding utterly unconvinced. So then I hung up with her and called my son. I asked him if she said anything to him and he said that she said "thank you for doing the work, but I wanted the homework" and then she crumpled it up in front of him and threw it in the trash. Now I know that my son is difficult and we are dealing with that trying to get him righted....but this just further shows me that she a b$%$%$. Unfortnately, this is a he-said she-said thing and I can't really go off on her like I had planned to. I am sure she will be extra tough on him but I can just extra ignore her checks and comments going forward because I see how she really is. New Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HarvDog Posted January 5, 2007 Report Share Posted January 5, 2007 Re: Newarcher\'s claws come out..... Didn't sound like she was being very fair. I'm curious what tominator's feedback will be to this. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VermontHunter Posted January 5, 2007 Report Share Posted January 5, 2007 Re: Newarcher\'s claws come out..... Sounded like the teacher may have needed some timeout time .... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted January 5, 2007 Report Share Posted January 5, 2007 Re: Newarcher\'s claws come out..... That's a cryin shame New. Ya know, even if she did say the things she said she said (which I kinda doubt), it was wrong of her to rip his work up in front of him like that. She doen't have a clue what a stupid and thoughtless action like that does to a childs mind She needs to be reprimanded by her peers bud Now I'm mad too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dartonman Posted January 5, 2007 Report Share Posted January 5, 2007 Re: Newarcher\'s claws come out..... Take the week off, or day off and attend school with him...heck, have a buddy dress in a suit, and sit with him as well....but not talk, when asked who he is (your friend) tell her that its your attorney, and family friend concerned as well about your sons progress.........spending a day in class with him will help both of you......teacher and child...I did it years ago.........al Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hunting_boy Posted January 5, 2007 Report Share Posted January 5, 2007 Re: Newarcher\'s claws come out..... heyyyyy this sounds like my teachers they still mean Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted January 5, 2007 Report Share Posted January 5, 2007 Re: Newarcher\'s claws come out..... New, put the boy in another class and talk to the principle about the teacher. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Newarcher Posted January 5, 2007 Author Report Share Posted January 5, 2007 Re: Newarcher\'s claws come out..... I am not sure whether or not we can move him this late in the year..... Plus that comes with risks because it is a relatively small school and I am sure the teachers stick together. New Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted January 5, 2007 Report Share Posted January 5, 2007 Re: Newarcher\'s claws come out..... Dont know that the risks could be any worse than the potential she obviously has to be a bad impression on your son. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted January 6, 2007 Report Share Posted January 6, 2007 Re: Newarcher\'s claws come out..... i'd switch teachers, switch schools, or homeschool. sounds like this teacher is not right for your kid, and could even cause long term damage. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Andrea Posted January 6, 2007 Report Share Posted January 6, 2007 Re: Newarcher\'s claws come out..... Yank him outta there is what I'd do. Period. That lady has no business teaching small children. And I'd make sure she knew it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.