NEW MEXICO ONLINE APPS!

jdickey

Re: NEW MEXICO ONLINE APPS!

Broken horn oryx

Elk - in 55, 15, 34

Antelope - Stallion

Deer - Still deciding. I am tired of hunting whitetails, so I am looking at the mule deer areas.

Since I have never hunted this state I am learning the areas. If I draw, I draw. If not, I will hunt somewhere else. My luck I will draw for everything and wind up driving thousands of miles between September and January just for hunting.

How about you?

Guest Colorado Bob

AJ---was your elk for a black powder tag? 15 is in the Gila, I think. I'm putting in for 15 or 16 down there in the Gila for a rifle tag-----have not drawn yet. It's an outfitted hunt I bought at the local NWTF banquet-----it's good until I draw. I put my wife's name in for it------I want her to get a chance a a good bull.

The reason I asked about black powder is, I think it's an easier draw.

I've heard there are some good goats on the White Sands. So good lucj on that also. CB

Yep, Unit 15 is bow or ML only. Unit 16 is broken up into A, B, C, D, and E, but you can use rifle in there. A co-worker of mine hunts 16 for elk. They go for cows though.

I hear ya about the ML season. Plus they have only been chased by bowhunters.

Can't wait for the draw. Then I will know if I can stop going to the gym and go to the buffet instead. tongue.gif

Guest Colorado Bob

I hear you-------I was at the gym last night-----thinking about a sheep or moose tag is keeping me going. I just know the older you get the harder it is. CB