i just can't believe it!

coles

i was really lookin forward to puttin in for a moose permit this year but i got to lookin in the regs and the application fee is about $80. THEN...if you actually draw a tag you have to pay $50 just to get it. i was shocked that just to get a moose permit for a resident would cost me $130 IF i was successful. guess i wont be puttin in for that permit next year. the area i wanted to put in for only gives out 8 permits and there is about 400 people that put in for it. so i think ill just wait. i guess everyone needs to make a buck some how. confused.gif

Re: i just can\'t believe it!

Hey Cole - just wait till you have kids and you want to apply for moose, sheep, and goat for everyone!!! I about have to take out a loan just to apply anymore and it will only get worse as my younger kids start hunting. I would encourage you to apply though, because you will continue to get bonus points every year you don't draw. I know it's hard to save up the cash, but well worth it in the long run.

Mark

Guest andymansavage

[ QUOTE ]

That's crazy. Residents shouldn't have to pay that much. You guys gotta draw for everything?? Including mulies and whitetail too?? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here deer are on a draw system. I can only hunt my favorite spot every other year. That doesn't include premium deer tags, they can take up to 12 years to draw.

Andy

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That's crazy. Residents shouldn't have to pay that much. You guys gotta draw for everything?? Including mulies and whitetail too?? confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here deer are on a draw system. I can only hunt my favorite spot every other year. That doesn't include premium deer tags, they can take up to 12 years to draw.

Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

That's unreal. Okay, our deer may not be as big as the ones up north, but I sure am glad we don't have tags or have to wait to be drawn. I pay my 40 something bucks for my permits and license and am ready to go......

Yep, its the same here in New Mexico. If by some strange chance I draw for all 5 critters (elk, oryx, ibex, deer, and antelope) it will cost me about $560 for those 5 hunts. Two of which are only two days long. Maybe the hunt gods will smile on me and I will draw the ones I really want which are elk, oryx, and antelope. That will only be ~$450.

Guest Colorado Bob

If you want to dance-----you have to play the band. wink.gif It's $3 appliciation fee here in Colorado. Plus it's a preference point system. You have to draw for all deer tags, some elk are OTC.

Now, you guys need to start applying for NR tags. NM Oryx tag was $1500, if I remember correctly. Wy moose is $1200----just a preference point in WY is $75.

It's getting expensive-----but it's what I love. So, I'll pay. I've never seen an armored truck following the hearse to the cemetery. I'm spending mine grin.gifgrin.gif CB

Plus I'm trying for a NM elk tag in the Gila. Plus all the Colorado stuff----sheep, mtn goat, elk , moose, antelope & mulies.

Guest Herd_Bull

i have to draw for moose...and even then i can still buy a moose tag for bow season only if i don't get the draw...it only costs $30...i can buy elk tags everyyear i only have to apply for cow elk draws....and i can get 2 whitetail doe tags for $16 and a whitetail buck and a mule deer buck for $30 ea.....i thought i was spending lots of money on tags but i can get all my tags for less than a moose tag in some areas i guess... shocked.giflol

I just moved to colorado from oklahoma, and the prices and procedures are totally different. The new big game regulations just came out last week and I am still reading them for about the 50th time trying to figure out where I can hunt, and where I can afford to hunt. Its nothing like Oklahoma.