Michiganbowhunter_SQ2 Posted April 30, 2007 Report Share Posted April 30, 2007 Has anyone shot these yet? just looking for some input, thinking i might try em this year, its between those and the G5 montecs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted May 1, 2007 Report Share Posted May 1, 2007 Would expect them to be good heads, but have only looked at them in catalogs. Surprised no one here has answered you yet. Still shooting the muzzy 100 grain 3 blade heads here. Got to buy the wife some broadheads soon, not sure yet if I will go with the same as I am shooting or possibly something else. If you go with the mx-3's let us know how they work out for you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bownarow Posted May 1, 2007 Report Share Posted May 1, 2007 I shot the MX-4's last year and was very unhappy with them. I have shot the original 100grain 3-blades for many many years and have always been pleased with their performance, especially the blood trails. The MX-4's left zero blood trail on both a giant buck and a large doe I shot last season. The doe was double lunged at 15 yards (complete pass-through) and didn't bleed one drop for at least 150 yards. The buck ran off with the arrow buried to the fletching with a high lung shot and didn't bleed for at least 200 yards and then only bled for a short distance before drying up. I'm not positive what the cause for the poor blood trails was, but the only thing that changed in my setup was those broadheads. Needless to say I will not be shooting them or anything that has an "MX" in front of it this year. Take it for what it's worth. Just thought I would share my experience for your reference. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Michiganbowhunter_SQ2 Posted May 2, 2007 Author Report Share Posted May 2, 2007 well i decided not to go with them, or ths G5s...i am going to give these new Rage 2-blades a try Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ksdeerhunter03 Posted May 2, 2007 Report Share Posted May 2, 2007 I shoot for Muzzy, so I am biased, but the MX-3 is the best head they have produced. I did not care for the MX-4, but the MX-3 flies true and man they can cut a hole! Turkeys have gone down thanks to this head. Brad Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Herd_Bull Posted May 2, 2007 Report Share Posted May 2, 2007 I've shot both the G5 Montecs and the Muzzy MX-3(currently using the MX-3s)...and i haven't a problem with either one of them, both are excellent broadheads and i would go either way when choosing them...sorry im not much help, all i can say is whatever you choose you will be happy with it... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chrud Posted May 3, 2007 Report Share Posted May 3, 2007 I switched from the original Muzzy 4-blades to the MX-4's last year. They shot great for me. But, I didn't get a chance to try one out on a deer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest IllinoisMackDaddyHunter Posted May 5, 2007 Report Share Posted May 5, 2007 I have shot them this year and they fly great if not better the the old 100gr 3- blade. I shoot a Hoyt supertech. It smokes like no tomorrow. Try them and you'll love them . Cant wait to tap a good geer with one . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.