The DEI Fallout continues

texastrophies

I think a lot of people at DEI are seeing the true Teresa. I highly doubt a young racer named Dale Jr would be that influential to get people to leave just because he is. I think the rest are seeing that Teresa isn't building a championship winning organization.

Unfortunately, it looks like Eury Jr is going to Hendrick with Dale Jr.:( I know Lou agrees with me, Dale Jr and Tony Jr aren't going to win a championship together. I think Darrian Grubb (the replacement for Knaus in early 2006) would be a great crew chief for Dale Jr.

I don't really want to say anything negative on Teresa as she is Dale Sr.'s widow and I respected Dale Sr. a ton so I want to respect his wife. We all know if he was around today the entire sport would be different. I think she can build a winning organization but she does not have the key players running the place and she needs to get high profile drivers.

To win again there you need to get yourself a Matt Kenseth, Tony Stewart, or Carl Edwards. You need to get high profile names and winning ones at that. Sorry but Truex is hot now but not consistent enough to carry DEI to the top alone.

As for the Eury deal, Dale needs a fresh start and Chrud and I agree on that, he can't have Eury Jr. up on the war wagon calling the shots. He has that now and there is conflict at times and you tell by the finishes its just not clicking.

Like I said in the past, I am no Knauss fan at all, but the man can crew chief and I think Dale Jr. needs Chad to build him into a better driver and that is going to happen with better prepared cars.

Hate to see DEI struggle as Dale Sr. deserves better and I hope they do win a championship, just not sure if they can do it without a major overhaul.

It was bound to happen sooner or later.Teresa needs to spend some money on top notch replacemants if DEI is going to have a chance of surviving the next few years.

Eury Jr. is a good crew chief,but I'm you guys...I don't see Jr. winning a championship with Eury Jr. on the pit box.Maybee Hendrick is going to give it a year and see how it goes and then move Eury Jr. somewhere else in the company if things aren't working out that great.

It is sad to see all of Sr.'s family memebers leaving the company that he built.

I think everyone is looking at this as if Eury Jr. is spending his own money with his own equipment and his own set of rules. For one, Dale Jr. himself said that the garage is not what it should be as far as the right equipment (7 post shaker, test facilities, outdated equipment) and people making decisions. T-Rex hired Max Seigel who has no experience at all running anything to do with racing. He's a friggin gospel producer. He's a lawyer and somebody with no knowledge of what it takes to compete in the world of NASCAR. As far as I'm concerned, he's a token President of DEI for the simple diversity issue in nascar. In my oppinion, you can't be successful in what you do unless you love what you do and I don't think either one of them loves what nascar is all about. The other point is that they are now going to be working with Hendrick cars with Hendrick power with Hendrick standards with an owner who really cares to be at every race he can!!! Finally they have the chance to prove or disprove that they are one of the best duos in nascar. I think the blaming of Eury Jr. for the shortcomings of where the team finished is crazy. Look where they finished last year. Look where they finished two years ago. Big difference when you don't have the right combo. I say wait and see. If he sucks he Sucks. I' know it won't last long if they don't start with a bang next year.

I For one, Dale Jr. himself said that the garage is not what it should be as far as the right equipment (7 post shaker, test facilities, outdated equipment) and people making decisions.

I know Hendrick has a 7 post shaker stand, I have seen it and with the #24 going for a ride on it. So Hendrick has what it takes to go fast and be very competitive.

Childress also has some high tech test stands that simulate tracks so some teams have the lastest in technology. Suprised DEI is not up on this. Having this equipment in house saves track time as you can simulate runs and what the suspension is doing!!

For those that don't know what a 7 post shaker is its like a robot that the car sits on (each tire is cradled on a pad) and they can simulate downforce and what the suspension goes through. Very high tech and the teams that have them are successful and know having the right equipment builds a winning team.

From what I've been hearing (reading) Hendrick is also about to receive their very own wind tunnel that they will be sharing with another race team .... :cool::cool:

Now there's some big bucks....:eek::eek:

Luke,

I have been to their race shops, very impressive. Each year with sponsorship renewals and new companies wanting to sponsor a Hendrick car those sponsorship dollars are funding the latest in technology.

Not sure if people know but Hendrick builds his own seats inhouse!! That is no small feat and these are top of the line seats custom fit to each driver.

So if Jr. does bring Budweiser which I think they will want to be as Jr. to them is a marketing tool, the King of Beers will bring an estimated 50 to 75 million for 5 years if not more. So with that money you can build a wind tunnel or two! :)

Takes money to go fast and it takes the right technology, Hendrick has both!! :)

Luke,

So if Jr. does bring Budweiser which I think they will want to be as Jr. to them is a marketing tool, the King of Beers will bring an estimated 50 to 75 million for 5 years if not more. :)

:)

I thought That SONY was going to be Dale Jr's Sponsor for 2008???

thought I heard that Somewhere???

I thought That SONY was going to be Dale Jr's Sponsor for 2008???

thought I heard that Somewhere???

They will be but Budweiser has too much to lose by not keeping Jr. as their driver and Rick Hendrick is not one to turn away a powerhouse sponsor like Budweiser.

Remember here is a guy quoted as saying there was no room in the inn for Jr. at Hendrick Motorsports. See what happened? :) Rick isn't saying too much right now. I think they will get the 8 back too and Budwieser will be back and better than ever!

Whatever happens, happens but in the last few weeks DEI has gotten better, maybe this news has made them realize they need to get better to attract drivers and get more sponsors. Bass Pro is back for Martin so that is good new. Wish DEI the best as Dale Sr. would want that and any Dale Sr. fan wants DEI to succeed.