Montana Fires

Tecumseh

Well I called the Flathead and Lewis and Clark national forest to find out the status of the fires burning out there,The Lewis and Clark national forest is closed till further notice along the continental divide.Our hunt unit is still open at this time but the only way to get to it is from the Lewis and Clark side.And all the fires burning are still out of control and the backcountry units might be closed before the opener of Elk season.I'm going to make some calls tomorrow about the alternate site I checked into earlier this year.

I live in Helena and we are all pretty concerned about the opener of archery season. I'm assuming you are hunting the Bob Marshal Wilderness, which has several fires buring and because of the wilderness designation, most of those fires are left to burn naturally. They will probably continue to burn until the snow flies in October. If there are any questions that you think I can answer, just let me know. Glad to help if I can.

Mark