My First Moose

Sask-Hunter

Well moose hunting opened on the 22nd here, and since i just turned 16 i was able to hunt opening morning by myself. Me and the old man made plans and he let me take the quad to go check out a few of are favorite spots. I made my way into the bush in the dark and quaded for little over 20 minutes and found the spot i wanted to walk, so i waited for first light and got walking along a nice creek and within the first 10 minutes i spotted a moose 250 yards down into an overgrown cut, coarse the heart was pumping having never seen too many of these great animals while hunting, i got behind a small pile of brush and scoped the moose. No antlers, looked around the cow, nothing, and all of a sudden i heard him, he gave a loud grunt and almost out of no where appeared in the far left side of the cut, never took too long to realize he had antlers and the trusty 308. put him down at 300 yards:D:D

Sorry no feild pictures, packed a little light and forgot the camera

Ill never forgot my Dad Smile when i finished gutting and tagging him and got back to camp to tell my story, Its surely a hunt ill never forget

P1020386JPGpost.jpg

P1020378JPGpost.jpg

We really had him muddy by the time we got him through the last mudhole on the bike but after we skinned him back at camp he looked great;)

SASKHUNTER

Guest CADDIE5

Congratulations! Nice photos. I haven't been able to draw a moose tag in the Maine moose lottery. What brand of ammo and bullet weight did you use? Was it a heart lung shot or did you aim to break the backbone like some of the Maine hunters do on moose in that state. Are you having the head mounted at the taxidermist?

• 2 weeks later...