Pics of my antelope and lil bros 1st Bull!!!!!

coles

well everyone. i promised these pictures quite a while ago and i finally found some time to upload them. so here they are. My 12 year old brother shot his first big game animal on opening day of general rifle season. a 5x5 bull and cleanly killed it with one shot from his custom 7mm-300Wby. so here it is.

sullys1stbull.jpg

and here is my 2007 antelope. i took my 10 year old sister out of school for the afternoon and brought her hunting to hopefully find a mule deer doe or an antelope. She had never been out hunting for deer or the like but she had a blast. she wanted to try and shoot a coyote too so we walked over to a good spot of mine and had my trusty 22-250 in hand. i started calling and she held the gun. it was too big for her but it was worth a try. After 3 mins of calling i looked over and about 400 yards out a yote was comin in. He droped below the hill and i couldnt see him anymore until he popped up 10 yards in front of us and never saw us. she couldnt find him in the scope because he was soo close. Then he spotted the truck and took off. So after that close encounter she was hooked. she didnt want to look for antelope or deer anymore. Just coyotes. So i will definately be bringin her out this winter with me. but we did end up making a successful stalk on a herd of goats and i picked this nice buck out. with one shot from my 300WSM he was down and she jumped and screamed with excitement. So here are a few pictures of us with my antelope. He measured 13 1/2 on one side and 14 on the other.

abby2.jpg

antelope2.jpg

2007antelope.jpg

abbyandme.jpg

Couldn't help but smile when reading the part about your sister and the coyotes. That's great. I'm sure she's hooked!! You're a good big brother. Congrats on the antelope!!! And congrats to your brother!!

well everyone. i promised these pictures quite a while ago and i finally found some time to upload them. so here they are. My 12 year old brother shot his first big game animal on opening day of general rifle season. a 5x5 bull and cleanly killed it with one shot from his custom 7mm-300Wby. so here it is.

sullys1stbull.jpg

and here is my 2007 antelope. i took my 10 year old sister out of school for the afternoon and brought her hunting to hopefully find a mule deer doe or an antelope. She had never been out hunting for deer or the like but she had a blast. she wanted to try and shoot a coyote too so we walked over to a good spot of mine and had my trusty 22-250 in hand. i started calling and she held the gun. it was too big for her but it was worth a try. After 3 mins of calling i looked over and about 400 yards out a yote was comin in. He droped below the hill and i couldnt see him anymore until he popped up 10 yards in front of us and never saw us. she couldnt find him in the scope because he was soo close. Then he spotted the truck and took off. So after that close encounter she was hooked. she didnt want to look for antelope or deer anymore. Just coyotes. So i will definately be bringin her out this winter with me. but we did end up making a successful stalk on a herd of goats and i picked this nice buck out. with one shot from my 300WSM he was down and she jumped and screamed with excitement. So here are a few pictures of us with my antelope. He measured 13 1/2 on one side and 14 on the other.

abby2.jpg

antelope2.jpg

2007antelope.jpg

abbyandme.jpg

Man, would I love to live in Montana...:D

• 2 weeks later...