Awesome Axis

jdickey

My friend from Goldthwaite, Texas, Warren "Bull" Blesh, sent me this story and picture of this axis he took at his ranch.....

bullsaxis.jpg

Many of you know the story of the gun I carry when I hunt. It belonged to my best friend who passed away a few years ago. The Legend, a 22.250 just does not miss. Earlier this year I was able to hook a shot around a Yucca at an antelope in West Texas to make a perfect shot at 150 yards. I do believe my guide Tex from Wildlife Systems was amazed.

Tonight, I went on a short doe hunt here at the RRR. Around 5:15, I saw this huge axis on top of a ridge about 250 yards away. Dori had bell choir and I had no business shooting a deer anyway tonight. I watched as one, two and then three axis bucks made their way across the ridge above me, very quietly.

These axis are nearly impossible to find. So, the last axis began to pass and then took a nice look at me and gave me a silloute look at 250 yards. I knew he was the big axis my friend Randy Pfaff from Colorado had hunted this summer. So, knowing this was a once in a lifetime shot and I HAD THE LEGEND, I decided to take a neck shot.

It was too late to go looking for a big deer, so it was hit or miss. Well, end of story. The Legend never misses! Dori and I spent the next hour dragging this guy up the hill and getting him to the house.

7 Year Old Axis Buck

6.5 Bases

35 Inch Main Beams

240# Live weight

250 Yard Shot

22.250 Rifle called THE LEGEND

Thanks for reading and God Bless You.

Bull

Warren Blesh

RRR Ranch

Goldthwaite, America

Nice deer and rack.

Our local Texas RaodHouse has this funny lookin elk hangin on the wall. Last eve my wife said isnt that thing odd for an elk. I wasnt real sure it was an elk and told her that. I now believe it's an axis deer as it looks more like your friend's foto. Still pretty cool tho...

Not to hijack your post but Merry Christmas to all my RT friends and families. :p