Realtree Colo Elk Hunt 08

silvertip_co

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's the spot, jeff. we'll camp along the main(gravel) road, with elk hunting all around us. i'm going to have a 4 wheeler with me, i think.;)

I am camper shopping, and may be close on buying one in the next week or so. Any way I will get up there to Cement Creek in the next 4 or 5 weeks and take fotos of the camp site arrangement, same as I did for the GREAT RT COLO ELK HUNT 2006. I'll put them in a webshots folder and link it here when I git er done.

I heard back from Scott Hughes of Realtree Corp and he is scheduled to go to IL that week so he, sadly, will not be joining us. We will miss him in elk camp. (and dang, no free RT stuff this year.)

• 2 weeks later...
good looking camper, charlie. but that's not really "roughing it". lol

Somehow I feel that after 36 years of railroad work I earned a comfy place to sleep in elk season;). Tentin just aint good for my lungs. Hope you are all well.

Am planning trip to Phoenix on May 19 to get the trailer. Could use a riding companion. Any takers???

• 3 weeks later...

Well we may have to re-think this hunt location, elk and mulie tags are being cut by about 20% for unit 55 and surrounding units that had heavy deep snow and feeding operations going on. Should know more in June I guess.

A link to the story since parts of DOW site have been down: http://m.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/may/13/dentry-deer-elk-licenses-getting-cut-back/

Just tell me where to show up and I will be there!!!!! Overabundance of elk sounds good, the couple hundred miles further doesn't ;););)

I'm sorta confused right now. I hope we get a spot picked by end of June or end of July so we can go scout it out. I hate deciding on a spot cause if no one kills anything it'll be my fault. I know a good spot up in 35 near Wolcott and another in 37 near Grn Mtn Reservoir, they aint as far as Walden and I have seen lotsa elk inthem two places. Both have water. But we should consider everything. I'll try to snag a game warden or call one up in Gunnison and see what the scoop is on the elk there. At 4.00 a gallon I feel Jeffs pain at driving another couple hundred miles.

(Side story: Tonight re-used the original "RT CAMP" sign boards for some serious heavy duty moving. We bought a hot tub off a neighbor and I had to build a dolly to haul the tub on. To run the tub across my yard for a distance we got the RT CAMP signs out and laid them down, advancing the pieces as we moved forward to the rear patio. It worked perfect. We moved 800# hot tub with just two of us pushing and one guiding and moving the plywoods. It really worked slick. Another Realtree success story :D )

Guest coloradobuck

im going to that spot on friday charlie. its been so pack with snow that i havent been there for a while. but i will let ya know if there there might evan have pics.

Ouch, wouldn't want to get caught on the wrong side of that. Well, better luck next time.

We know when, we know how (kind of), we know some of the who's, we know why, we just don't know where!!! :D:D:D Oh well, we have time still. I don't actually need to know the where until Halloween or so, surely we will have something figured out by then :p:p:p

Ouch, wouldn't want to get caught on the wrong side of that. Well, better luck next time.

We know when, we know how (kind of), we know some of the who's, we know why, we just don't know where!!! :D:D:D Oh well, we have time still. I don't actually need to know the where until Halloween or so, surely we will have something figured out by then :p:p:p

I got the new camper trailer alllmost ready for a trip to Gunnison to scout. Probably be June 22-23-23-25 in there some where. Will of course take fotos.