Call Of The Wild

Guest MassNTrash

Guest MassNTrash
What on earth do you do with all those bear hides? You've got some beauties there! I'm hesitant to shoot even one bear because I know the price of a rug is unreal and I know I will want one if I shoot one.

What do I do with the bear hides? Normally they sit in the freezer for a couple of years taking up too much precious freezer space. ;) I only have one rug mount. Cost me pretty penny and I only have so much wall space in my house for rugs. I had the wolf tanned and he looks great hanging from a hook. Plan on doing the same with my son's 07 bear and my 07 bear (the pretty one that my daughter is holding). I do Euro mounts on all the skulls myself, so that is the keepsake from the hunts. We also enjoy bear meat.

MassNTrash was a name I gave a buck that I hunted hard for for over 5 years. During the spring of 06 I was able to finally locate 3 sets of his sheds. Then during the fall of 06 I was finally able to write the final chapter in the MnT saga and harvest the buck.

Winter 01/02

MassNTrash01-02.jpg

Never saw the buck the winter of 02/03 but I was able to get some very rough video of him in 03/04. Not good enough video to clip a jpg from.

Winter 04/05

MnT04-05a.jpg

MnT04-05c.jpg

Mar13014a.jpg

Mar13016a.jpg

Winter 05/06

MassNTrash05-06a.jpg

Mar13019a.jpg

Fall 06,

Dec11008.jpg

Dec11010.jpg

MNT10.jpg

MNT30.jpg

Mar13031a.jpg

Guest MassNTrash
wow. great photos. are you as far north as the yellowhead (?) highway?

Only thing between my place and the yellowhead is a nice patch of doug fir that keeps the view lookin nice and keeps the traffic noise down.