my texas dall hunt

wyohunter

it was my first, well in more than one way. it was my first guided hunt and my first time hunting exotics.

sleep came little that night, the snow falling, very cold temps and the excitement only a hunter understands. as dawn came i was already up and dressed for a couple hours, we ( my guide and best friend) and i head on the rhino to a area known to hold a few sheep, i know these are exotics, but hey this was and is my dall sheep hunt, for i likely will never be able to hunt the real ones.

after thrugging trough the fresh 10 inches of new snow for a couple hours, we begin to see fresh tracks, in the snow it was hard to determine what made them.... my friend was after hogs, i was after sheep. as the tracks headed up the cliffs, we knew it was sheep that made them... the guide edges along slowly, as we follow in time with him... he kneels , giving me the look to come forward. i slowly make my way up and instantly spot the ram..... he says to let them enter this one little opening.... well as it happens they change directions, he stands broadside to us, at about 125 yards, i have one small spot i can see him clearly through, i tell the guide i can make that shot!... he looks at me, asking me to be sure of that.... i just bring the rifle up, aim offhand and fire, the ram never knew what hit him, he tumbles down the cliffs, hangs up in the brush, and another first happens, i stand there and watch another man gut my animal... lol

now wheres my sticker ;)

dantxdall1.jpg

..Yes!..Congradulations!...-I love the long hair on that sheep!

....awesome picture, great hunt with memories!

-I didn't know what you meant about"where's why sticker"-LOL...just now saw Texastrophie's Sticky thread...

-I had to chuckle when you said the guide asked you if you could take that shot...(at 125 yds..)...-You know what you are doing!!;)-you probably showed him a thing or two!

-Nice,Wyohunter!