Big hog....

dogdoc

Two seasons ago--sat in the bow stand for about 6 hours without seeing anything so I decided to walk to a different area and attempt a stalk on a food plot. When I arrived I noticed two hogs rooting up turnips on the plot. I had to circle about 200 yards down wind to get a shot. I was able to get within about 30 yards--the last bit of cover. I only had 3 arrows in my quiver. As I stood to shoot the lead hog noticed something wasn't just right and slowly started moving away. The bag hog followed so I took the shot. The first shot was a little back (liver) so I nocked another arrow--by this time they were close to 40 to 50 yards. I aimed high and hit the pig again in the chest. The pig just grunted and stopped. I didn't get great penetration so I let my last arrow fly. Another good hit. This time the pig took off running in the woods. As she was running one of the arrows hit a tree and fell out. I ran and picked up the arrow then watched the hog with my binoculars. The pig ran 100 yards--I could see blood everywhere. I watched the pig for a few minutes thinking it would fall but it never did. I then nocked the arrow that fell out--snuck within 35 yards and shot again. This time I got good penetration and the hog finally died within a minute. This was one tough hog!

IM000742.jpg

todd