OJR Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 What are your plans for celebrating "Mother's Day"? I am going to cook up some sea scallops for dinner tomorrow. Just the two of us, so we will just have a nice quiet dinner together!:) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lil hunter Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 I'm gonna wake up probably around 9 or 10. give my mom the card I bought her just a few minutes ago before coming home for the night. Then go to work at the good ol pizza hut from 11-8. It outta be a good day. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
aksheephuntress Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 ...sea scallops??!...Wow!...that sounds awesome, OJR!! ...hey...tell me- how much BUTTER do you plan on using in that recipie?! ...Well...i just got a bunch more ammo inAnchorage yesterday...(not the ammo I wanted, though...),,,and the kids and I are hitting the range to go shoot... -the boys are taking their .22's along with,as well... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buckee Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 What are your plans for celebrating "Mother's Day"? I am going to cook up some sea scallops for dinner tomorrow. Just the two of us, so we will just have a nice quiet dinner together!:) I like mine wrapped in bacon and broiled, with garlic butter to dip them in. I know, I know, the bacon isn't good for you, but hey...it sure is good Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
aksheephuntress Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 I like mine wrapped in bacon and broiled, with garlic butter to dip them in. I know, I know, the bacon isn't good for you, but hey...it sure is good ...Oh Boy, Steve...now, THAT'S what I consider cooking!! --love the bacon twist to that recipie... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevebeilgard Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 our daughter & son in law is taking my wife out for king crab/prime rib dinner. i'm just a tag-a-long... hope it includes a drink or 2... lol Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OJR Posted May 11, 2008 Author Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 ...sea scallops??!...Wow!...that sounds awesome, OJR!! ...hey...tell me- how much BUTTER do you plan on using in that recipie?! No butter or bacon! Stir fry and will use EVOO! Easy on the arteries and they taste great!:) We have had them before and my wife really likes this dish!:) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ambuscher Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 I let the boss sleep in this morning. The little one gave her the flowers she picked out for her and the card as well. Meanwhile, I went to the kitchen and whipped up some pancakes and sausage for everyone to eat. 'bout noon we will head up north so the wife can spend some time with her mother. (I'll sneak off and do some geocaching) No tellin what all we'll get into today. LOL Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tominator Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 Whatever her little heart desires. Horrible weather here today, so probably just sit around and run margaritas back and forth. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WHISKEYSWAMP Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 my folks, brother, sister & brother-in-law, and niece & nephew are coming over for a cook out... gonna have a cook out and fry up some shrooms. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wtnhunt Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 Took my wife and kids out to eat last night, made her a nice big breakfast this morning. After breakfast I cleaned up the kitchen, kids gave her cards, and showed her the plants we got for her. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NS whitetail Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 served the Grump her breakfast in bed this morning the kids gave her cards and gifts Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wyohunter Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 the wife took her mom out for lunch, i stayed away, figured that was a gift enough Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jaret Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 I let the boss sleep in this morning. Haha nice! I bought my mom some flowers and me and the wife went to see her. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RangerClay Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 I did breakfast in bed. A trip to the nursery for some flower for the boxes. Made one of her favorites for dinner, bbq cajun shrimp. It's been a good day today. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
birdhunter39 Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 went and visited my aunt ( she helped raise us kids when my parents were taking turns on going to the hosipital ) on the farm , that was yesterday ( saturday ), sunday grilled out in the pouring rain , wind , cold for my mother , it was worth it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted May 11, 2008 Report Share Posted May 11, 2008 My plans were to get off of work at 1am and go home early so I cna get up and make my wife some nice breakfast and bring her to buy her summertime flowers and vegetables for the garden. Due to a guy feigning an illness at work, I was not able to get off of work early, and shortly after I got home, had to take my wife to the hospital for what they originally thought was either a gallbladder problem or a appendicitis. Spent the whole morning in the hospital and was finally released at 2pm. Took her to get her prescriptions filled which insurance didn't cover, and then went home. Tried to salvage the last few hours but had to sleep at least for a couple of hours. Thought I would get off at 1am tonight and go home and get some rest...woke up from my nap and my wife tells me that this same "game playing" individual banged in sick again tonight (very typical of this guy), so now I get to stay all night again. I told her that next year Mothers Day would be special in some way. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NS whitetail Posted May 12, 2008 Report Share Posted May 12, 2008 that sucks Ken , sorry to hear all that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OJR Posted May 12, 2008 Author Report Share Posted May 12, 2008 My wife and I just got done eating the stir-fried scallop dish! It was great. My wife really liked it! I will post the recipe in the Chuck Wagon later or tomorrow! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.