Team #6 -- Trails End

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the tat, even though I would never get one. Second, I love the sig Moon, you have a skill there man. Now for my hunting. I spent opening weekend chasing hunters from my lease. This evening, I waited to see who was parked on the land and it was three hunters I had to run off of it, next time I told them I will call the warden. I have also found out people have been baiting with corn and apples while setting up cameras. Not to mention, glassing the area to shoot from their vehicle. Hopefully next weekend I be able to get out and enjoy some hunting with some cooler temps coming to the area. I did get to watch to young bucks play fighting in the back yard with some other deer around them, but it was too dark to see how big.

Maybe you could make the text slightly lighter or do something to make it pop out a little more?

Finally I got Realtree to load. I've been locked out of this site all day with loading errors. Otherwise I would have posted this up earlier. I think the high winds yesterday must messed up my internet a tad bit. :rolleyes:

Anyway...How's this Ruth? I lightened up just the text a bit more and added a tad more black around the edges of the team name. It's not a drastic change, but I think it makes a difference on catching your eye quicker. I can go lighter if you want, I just didn't want to get too light of a green in there because some of the real light greens on an LCD screen can sometimes be eye bugging in my opinion. lol

OLD:

trailsendnl8.gif

NEW:

trailsendku5.gif

IMG_1757.jpg?t=1220867515

IMG_1756.jpg?t=1220867543

I went to do some scouting the other day and took the trusty Browning 20ga to get me a mess of squirrels while I was out. I had 4 tree rats on the grond by 6:30 am, while eyeing the 5th one to shoot something caught my eye on the ground, it was two raccoons running down the hill toward me with one of my squirrelsint heir mouth and they were playing tug-o-war with it. the big one dragged the little one through some brush and knocked him off. He came right up the branch of a fallen tree I was sitting in , within 3 feet of me, I startled him. He dropped the squirrel and ran down the branch and stopped and looked back at me. I checked the squirrel out and he was pretty damaged after being shot and chewed on, he came back up the branch and I happened to have my camera on me and snapped a few pics of him coming back for his breakfast. I could have reached out and touched him he was so close, but he wasn't scared of me, he just wanted that squirrel bad. So I let him have it and I proceded to kill two more for my limit. MAn, they were tearin' up a scaley-bark hickory nut tree.

Ruth the signature is the proper dimensions and filesize to upload on the Realtree profiles. I made sure of that when I made the signature that it would work. ;)

Anyone that wants to use the team signature needs to simply follow these instructions.

1. Navigate to the Edit Signature section of your User CP.

2. Scroll down to the Signature Picture section and find the Upload Signature Picture section.

3. In the Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website section copy and paste the following link into the box: http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/1679/trailsendku5.gif

4. Click the Upload button on the Edit Signature page. The team signature will appear afterwards under the Your Current Signature Picture section.

5. Click the Insert Signature Picture link to the right of the team signature image in the Your Current Signature Picture section. This will add a SIGPIC code to the Edit Signature box.

6. Once finished editing your signature click the Save Signature button at the very bottom of the page. For your signature to show up in your posts you need to make sure you always have the Show your signature option checked under the Miscellaneous Options on posts.

Been awhile since anyones written in here, so I'll bump it up.

Here are some trail cam pics from this year...

http://www.realtree.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75635

http://www.realtree.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75925

Here's my journal from last year if anyone is wondering what kind of hunter i am...

http://www.realtree.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62073&highlight=rhine16%27s+07-08+Journal

Something happened to all my January post, so here is my season review post

http://www.realtree.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68865

Anyhow, that's just some stuff to look through if you're bored.

Season starts on Oct 1 here. I'll be hunting 3 different places. A 540 acre farm, 200 acre farm, and some public land where i go to college on occassion. My farms aren't but 50 minutes from school so I'll be going home to hunt mostly but i may hunt this public land some.

For the next 2 weekends I'll be heading home to hang stands and finish everything up. My food plots are in, but plan to overseed all with some rye and fertilize again next weekend. Hopefully I'll have pics up Monday.

Well team...lots of bucks around here. Not monsters by any means, but any buck will do;-) Was out the other evening after they cut alfalfa in the field behind our house. I like to go up and sit on top of the town's old gravel pit occasionally that overl ooks a field bordering the property I hunt. Behind the gravel pit is farm land we don't hunt because the farmer is Mr. moneybags. Anyway I'm walking back home and look out and see deer on the other side of the field, I look through my bincos, and camera. I saw a big forkhorn/4 point, couple other small but decen bucks, few little spikes or 4 pointers...it was unbelievable. I think by the time it got too dark to see there were at least 10 different bucks, maybe more because some that I thought were decen went into the woods. Once things get in gear, there will be bucks running all over!