A buck's going down on Saturday!!!!!

Dakota

Well,

Dad and I just got memberships to the Garretson Sportsmen Club, the closest all gun shooting club in the area. We went out and sighted in my .30-06 for the coming antelope hunt this weekend. I'm shooting a Win. 70 .30-06 with Remington Managed Recoil 125 gr. bullets. I've shot 150s in Hornady and Remington, but prefer the 125s for speed goats. I started out with only 13 shells. I shot five, checked, only one shot was on paper and that just grazed it! From there, however, I was able to adjust it 24 clicks left and 24 down. The next shot was an inch to the left, the next was in the bullseye! :D Yeah, I'm getting a pronghorn this weekend! :D:D:D I'm going to shoot a doe first (unless I have a buck right in front of me) to get one under me for the trip and then go after a buck. I have four shells left now and am going to buy another box before we leave early Friday morning. I'm pro'ly going to have to buy another box of shotgun shells as well, we're planning on taking a service road in the middle of the ride out to see if we can bag a grouse or two. I am so excited! :D:D:D:D

Dakota :)

Well, my uncle's going too and I am hoping we run into a group of goats with three or more decent bucks in it and just throw a good ol' pronghorn dirt nap fest! :D:D:D Hopefully, we'll be able to have a pic with three Case men and three good bucks! :) Glad to hear Tammy is well and enjoying her kitten! :cool:

I was kind of figuring that, but one can only dream! :D:D:D To be honest, I just want a decent buck, I'll take the first one that walks by with horns above the ears! :D I've got a feeling though that we'll see some good bucks and maybe take a 14" or two. You never know, last year our group shot a 14" and a 13", so...we'll just have to see! ;)

goodluck dakota!!I only dream of going hunting out west!!That is my dream hunt!!I would love to go outwest and do a 3 tag hunt(if they exsist)!!Mulies,pronghorn,and elk!!Alot of people usually want a safari hunt but me it's a hunt in the west!!

Well Dave, I'm just lucky enough to live in a state that is so geographically diverse as South Dakota. In the southeastern part of the state you can find terrain that mimics the southeastern part of the country and once you cross the River you've entered the great American West! South Dakota abounds with pheasants (for number one), deer (both muley and whitetail), grouse, quail, doves, coyotes, waterfowl, small game, turkeys (Rio, Eastern and Merriams), elk, mountain goats, big horn sheep, pronghorn (even on the East River side of the state) and even hundreds of mountain lions around the state! We even occasionally have wolves, black bears and moose that will saunter through the state for a while. It's awesome!