oneshot Posted November 27, 2008 Report Share Posted November 27, 2008 Has anyone used this Flambeau coyote decoy? I would like to hear your thoughts on the results? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Texan_Til_I_Die Posted December 3, 2008 Report Share Posted December 3, 2008 Dang it looks good, but no, I haven't tried it. The best decoy I ever saw in action was a rabbit skin that was sewn over a radio controlled truck. The operator would run the truck around in circles while playing an electronic call and it was devastating. The yotes couldn't contain themselves. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bucknut Posted December 4, 2008 Report Share Posted December 4, 2008 Dang it looks good, but no, I haven't tried it. The best decoy I ever saw in action was a rabbit skin that was sewn over a radio controlled truck. The operator would run the truck around in circles while playing an electronic call and it was devastating. The yotes couldn't contain themselves. That is a great idea, haha.. i could just imagine how effective that would be.. Up here you might have to sew it to a mini snowmobile:D Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
oneshot Posted December 23, 2008 Author Report Share Posted December 23, 2008 Well I tried this decoy out in the field the other night and it was pretty windy (15 mph with 25 mph gusts on occasion). I was a little disappointed when the tail blew off. I hadn't started calling yet so I snuck out and put it back on. After 5 mins. into calling the tail fell off again so I just continued to call with no results. Upon further inspection I found that the rubber stopper that is designed to snap into the hole and keep the tail in place was to small to hold the tail in. I figured no big deal, I'll call Flambeau and they will take care of it. WRONG! After being given 2 numbers to call and being on hold for 20 mins. I was told I had to pay the shipping and they would look at it to see if something was wrong with it, if so they would send another one. I told the woman you've got to be kidding me. You want me to pay shipping for a defective part and wait for you to determine if it's defective. I told her I'll buy a rubber plug and fix it myself. Although it seems to be a well made decoy I am totally disgusted with Flambeaus customer service practice. I will be very careful of anything I may consider buying with the Flambeau name again. My rating of Flambeaus customer service gets a -3. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MichiganHunter Posted December 24, 2008 Report Share Posted December 24, 2008 I use a stuffed rabbit I bought at Good Will for a dollar, then dumped a bit of red paint on both sides and under the chin on the front, REAL BRIGHT RED PAINT, then put that out in a field, I seam to get a few more responses now that it has the blood on it, but the area i hunt is very easy to use a small decoy like that, I bet that thing will work great. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.