Questions on bear hunting?

brudaman340

I been deer hunting for 4 years now and never seen a bear. I would love to see one and shoot one. I never seen a bear in my life. So, my question is what would be the best way to go about hunting a bear. How do i find were they live and stuff. What would attract them to an area? Or is it mostly just luck? Any answers will be appreciated Thank you.

I went on a great hunt in Maine. Where are you located maybe you can get one there. Bears are really silent when walking. I never heard the bear I got. I watched him walk in to 30 yards and he never made a sound. They are really shy and like thick cover. I can get you contact info if you want.

bruse

Im in southern ny. I know some friends that have seen bears. I dont know i dont want to spend money for a black bear hunt and i dont like hunting bait piles. That to me isnt really hunting. I have bears around here so I dont want to travel. If i traveled it would be for something else like elk, moose, or caribou. I know here in NY you can only carry 4 oz of scent for bears, or something like honey only 4 oz. thanks and Bruse some information would be cool.