2009 RT Alaska Moose Hunt

mrswtnhunt

Don't know if Kathleen will post an update tonight or not, but they should be getting back soon Steve. Assuming it is still light out in Alaska right now. My daughter called waking me up about an hour ago, they were about to head back in.

They got a late start, but the girls did see a black bear yesterday, inside 20 yards. When Christina called, I thought at first that she said she shot a bear, she was pretty excited and I was woke from a sound sleep.:sleep1: :cell: They said they got some good pics, the bear stood on its back legs and sniffed just before it bolted.:robot:

They are seeing a lot of good sign, both bear and some moose sign too. The bear they saw yesterday was a young bear, think she said Kathleen said it was only 3 years old, not a shooter. Will see what today brings and try to update for them tonight if I hear from them.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates today? :rockon:

No word from the guys Tom. Last I heard there had been no calls known for any pickups for the float plane. That does not mean they have not killed anything yet though. From what I understand Norm and Mike are spending some time on the water. Mystery guest is bow hunting a stand, and Kirk and Terry are out after a moose. At this point I don't know any more than that.

Kathleen and my daughter did see a calf and cow moose yesterday. Catrina said they saw some good bull moose tracks, but where ever they were at yesterday the vegetation is pretty thick and they never did see any bears or the bull that I am assuming they were trying to track.

The girls did get an earlier start this morning. Should hear from them late tonight.

Well, I bet they're tired hunters today. They've put in a long one. No news yet..eh ?

Expecting to hear from Catrina this morning anytime now Steve. They hiked 6 miles yesterday. I talked to her last night and they sounded to be hunting in some pretty thick stuff again yesterday, Kathleen heard a bear at some point but by the time they got to where the bear had been it was gone. Sounds like they have been all over them, just have not been in the right spot at quite the right time, YET.

They were going to go back out to sit last night until dark. Still no news from the lake as far as I know.

After today, probably won't get anymore updates for 4 or 5 days.

Talk about being on the edge of my seat! Thanks for the updates William. Still wondering who the "Mystery" guest is:)

My wife told me last night Kathleen planned to post something when they got back and maybe she would post more about the mystery guest then. Guess they were too tired last night. Still have not gotten a call yet this morning.

Well hello folks,

Terry and I have been hunting hard for moose and have had some close calls. I had one bull at 20 yards but it was only a 3 1/2 year old and did not make the minimum requirement needed! Got some pics of him. We are hiking some tough ground for a flatlander but have not givin up!

All of the rest are up at crescent lake and trying their luck there. They are catching some grayling and a few big bears have been spotted!

Wish us all luck as we are drying out and going out to hit it hard again. More and pictures when I get home.

Kirk:)

Well hello folks,

Terry and I have been hunting hard for moose and have had some close calls. I had one bull at 20 yards but it was only a 3 1/2 year old and did not make the minimum requirement needed! Got some pics of him. We are hiking some tough ground for a flatlander but have not givin up!

All of the rest are up at crescent lake and trying their luck there. They are catching some grayling and a few big bears have been spotted!

Wish us all luck as we are drying out and going out to hit it hard again. More and pictures when I get home.

Kirk:)

Dry out get some energy back and go back after it. Say hi to Terry and everybody else up there for me. Sounds like you've had one heck of a hunt so far and it's not over yet! I wish you luck!

Good luck Kirk, thanks for the update. Hope everyone is doing ok and hope everyone is staying safe. The weather looked to be pretty spotty with rain. Sure wish I knew more about how things were going, miss Catrina calling in the middle of the night to fill me in. Hopefully will hear from her real soon and she will have news of some animals down.

Catrina called last night, everyone has returned from the lake and all are safe.

The girls have had a great time, but been unsuccessful with getting in range on any animals aside from the young bear they saw early on. They did have a nice bear at 500 yards, just too far for their comfort, although Christina did tell me on the phone that she wanted to take the shot(honestly the way the kid shoots if she knew the holdover I think she probably could have made it). Catrina has hopes that they will be able to get out more over the next 3 days, they fly out late Saturday night, so there is still some time and the possibility.

Looking forward to everyone telling their own stories when they return home.

A huge THANK YOU to Kathleen and Terry for making this all possible and opening their home to everyone. Cannot thank you two and your family enough for all you have done.

As I follow this hunt I am simply amazed. For the most part, a group of people who have never met, getting together for a hunt in Alsaka.

Kathleen and Terry for making this possible, opening their house & putting together all the details..I am truely amazed!!!

Sounds like everyone is having a great adventure!!!

Now I want to see the pictures.