2009 RT Alaska Moose Hunt

mrswtnhunt

William I have a fishing license purchased, I also have a set of cabelas gortex raingear I have had for years now. They were pricy but Canada made them worth their weight in gold.

Those socks look good and a couple of pair of silk liner socks would not be a bad idea. They wick the moisture away from your feet.

My boots are Pronghorn series by danner.

I will have to get the tickets for the train as well, and I still need to reserve my room.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly recommend the train ride! When you get on the train take out the camera and get ready. If the weather is good, you'll fill one memory card on this experience alone! We did! It was worth it. You're really gonna really start to see Alaska.

i am terrified of heights:eek::o:eek:

This coming from the same kid that has no problem going 20 feet up a tree to sit in a hang on stand or climb the trees in our yard like a monkey.:eek::D

Flew several times when I was a kid myself, have tried to ease their minds on flying as best as I can. I was more concerned with the girls making their connecting flight and with them getting their bags. Booked them to meet Kirk and fly with him into Anchorage, and that sure makes me feel better.:cool:

This coming from the same kid that has no problem going 20 feet up a tree to sit in a hang on stand or climb the trees in our yard like a monkey.:eek::D

Flew several times when I was a kid myself, have tried to ease their minds on flying as best as I can. I was more concerned with the girls making their connecting flight and with them getting their bags. Booked them to meet Kirk and fly with him into Anchorage, and that sure makes me feel better.:cool:

thats just cause i try not to look down :p

Who all is planning on going to the Realtree moose hunt in Alaska coming up in August. I am going and taking my 12 year old daughter. I am going to get a moose/bear tag for me and a bear tag for her. She is getting real excited and so am I:D. Was just wondering who all had plans on trying to make it up there.

Wanted to bring this back up. Of course when I wrote this initially Christina was 12. She is now 13 and a forum member. She asked me the other day who all was going to be in Alaska with us. Just wanted to check in and see if there are any other forum members planning on trying to make it up there. Christina and I are so pumped up and the waiting is killing me. It would be awesome to meet some more forum members up there.

Thanks, Catrina

Well I hate it but I'm not going. I'd like to but past events of this year plus having very long overdue reconstructive sinus surgery scheduled for June has clipped any notion of me attending at this time. Right now I'm not planning anything except giving myself time to heal.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we will have the opposite problem Kirk. We will probably end up bringing waaaayyy more stuff than we need. I have a tendency to overpack.....lol

I guess as time gets closer I will probably pack up and just see if everything will fit. We only plan on having o large carryon each and one big bag with the gun case for baggage check. That should hold everything we will need (plus some). I really need to sit down and write out everything we will take and make sure I haven't forgotten anything. ONLY 46 DAYS TO GO!!! Woohooo!

• 4 weeks later...

OMG, only 19 days till we leave for Alaska. We have everything ready except bying the licenses/tags. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be better to wait until we get up there to get them or is it better to purchase online ahead of time? I tried to call Kathleen the other day but she wasn't home. She tried to call me back and I wasn't able to get to the phone. She left me a voicemail though. She has been real busy working 12 hour days doing something with collecting Salmon eggs and conservation. I am hoping to talk to her in the next few days to get some last minute details clarified.

The next 19 days are gonna kill me. I am so excited, and a little nervous, about this trip of a lifetime. I just keep counting down the days......lol

Catrina at this point I would probably wait and pick up your tags and licence up there if I were you. I would hate to have the tags in transit in the mailif I were you.

I got all of my tags in the mail and in my possesion! Did I mention time is drawing near????????????????

Kirk