2009 RT Alaska Moose Hunt

mrswtnhunt

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, less than a week now for us to take off and be on our way to Alaska:clap:. Hey Kirk, I've finally got our bags packed. I talked to Kathleen last night for a while. I am really psyched about all of this and Christina is about to come out of her skin. I think she has it calculated down to the minute......lol

Steve, you better believe I am going to be fishing every minute that I'm not out hunting. I'll probably get alot of fishing done when we first get there. Kirk and Terry are going to go out first since that was the deal. I am so excited to see what trophy Kirk brings back to camp. That way I can get a chance to see what is out there. Maybe......just maybe...........:2guns:I'll get a bigger one:D....lol.

This is going to be a trip/experience of a lifetime for me and my daughter, and I get to share it with my "extended family". We have 3 memory cards for the camera and a backup battery so we can come back and share everything. I can't wait to meet everybody:group:.

Catrina

Yes Catrina I am pumped and ready, my pack weighs in at 35 pounds with all of my gear. I am ready to put a big moose on the ground with the ol TC smokepole! We will meet in chicago at the gate and I plan on wearing my bright lime green t shirt so you can find me easy.

Yes Catrina I am pumped and ready, my pack weighs in at 35 pounds with all of my gear. I am ready to put a big moose on the ground with the ol TC smokepole! We will meet in chicago at the gate and I plan on wearing my bright lime green t shirt so you can find me easy.

Going to probably pick up a trac fone for the girls tomorrow Kirk, will be sure to exchange numbers prior to hitting the road Monday morning.

The girls have 4 bags total including the rifle case, two of those are carryons. Think their heaviest bag weighed around 35 lbs.

This is going to be a trip/experience of a lifetime for me and my daughter, and I get to share it with my "extended family". We have 3 memory cards for the camera and a backup battery so we can come back and share everything.

Yep, I am looking forward to seeing a lot of pics from this trip. Christina likes taking pics, sending two cameras and spare batteries for both cameras. Still not sure if I am going to send my video camera or not though. Have an 8 gig card on the way, hopefully it gets here in time.

I hope everyone has a safe trip and a great time. Hope that Mike and Norm are both able to tag bears too.

Ross I hope to get a couple of good pictures of your knife peeling hide and meat from my moose! I am just getting too pumped up for this trip.

Heck I just might have to take tommorrow off of work also because I just won't be any good anyway LOL.

Again I look forward to meeting everyone in Anchorage and sharing the train ride south.

Kirk

Ross I hope to get a couple of good pictures of your knife peeling hide and meat from my moose! I am just getting too pumped up for this trip.

Heck I just might have to take tommorrow off of work also because I just won't be any good anyway LOL.

Again I look forward to meeting everyone in Anchorage and sharing the train ride south.

Kirk

I am soooooo pumped too. Can't take off work tomorrow but don't expect myself to get much done anyway. I am so looking forward to this trip. I've got my gear all packed and ready sitting in the middle of the living room.....has been there nearly a week.....lol.....I did look on google and saw that there is a Wal mart a few blocks away from the Days Inn that we are staying in so if we forget something. I also did some looking at the different places to eat close by. There are lots of places to choose from. Since our plane arrives in Anchorage at around 1pm in the afternoon I might see what sightseeing we could do to pass the time. I did notice there is a museum not far from the hotel that has lots of stuff on the oil pipeline and lots of stuff about eskimos. Thought that might be kind of interesting. I guess that we will figure all of that out when we get there. I just want to get to camp and soak it all in. I'll bet it is breathtaking. Hey Kirk, my hubby said he pm'd you with our new cell number so we can meet up in Chicago. I'll be looking for a guy in a lime green shirt..........lol

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!

Im soooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!

2 days til we fly out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looking foward to meeting yall in person

Congrats young lady...this is the trip of a lifetime that many of us have not been on yet!

Wishing you the best of luck and happiness during your Great Alaskan Adventure:yes:

Here's a little tip for you.

Make sure your camera is working properly.

I bought a brand new Sony w120 for my trip. Had close to 650 pics on it as well as several hours of video. When I got home and tried to download them onto my computer, nothing worked. Sent camera and memory stick back to Sony...............they sent me back a brand new camera and memory stick. It appears as though the memory stick "digested itself". All was lost. Oh well...........I still have a few fond memories.

Here's another one....................

If any of you ladies have a spare watch laying around the house, take it with and give it to Kathleen. Terry will appreciate it..................LOL.

Love ya dear.........

Edited by JJL