Wyoming Antelope @ Steve B's

Swamphunter

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im driving out and im going to go early. i know im going to be there from aug 31st to sept 5th. i have to be back at work by 11pm sunday the 6th. but i have a few days from aug 26 to the 31st that i am planning on checking out a few places in montana and wyoming. i might go to yellowstone. i dont actually know yet.

Tony

Ken bring something warm for those morning hunts, it's quite cool in the morning ( or atleast it was when I was there)..

I was charged $25 for each check in bag by the airline, so I only brought 1 check in bag plus my weapon, and 1 carry on.

$100 bucks to fly 2 item there and back .. can you say OOOOUUUCCHH !!

It's worth it tho, you are in for one heck of a treat ... The Beilgard family will treat you first class from start to finish ...

im going to bring every thing i can think of, got most of what i think i need, if not il go to walyworld, if i forget something,

Not sure if Steve has bedding for the guys in the tents or not, but thought about buying a sleeping bag at Walmart when I arrive if I need to. I am intending on shipping my bow there by UPS 2 weeks prior to make sure it arrives. I will have my rangefinder and misc items inside the case. That way I will only have 1 checked bag (large duffle), with my clothes and extras in it.

huum UPS.. had my jennings t star, shipped to me for a texas hunt in 85 when i lived in va, needless to say somehow they broke a limb, and it came 2 days before season, but when i filed a claim they said it would take 30 days for the claim to go through, ended up buying a cheap pse bow just to be able to hunt, not saying any thing bad about ups, i would just make sure you pack it in bubble wrap to help with the shipping bumps and what nots, steve did say some thing about sleeping in the tent, he said he would post what we needed to bring some time in july, gald you said something swamp, i guess i better find my air mattress.

• 3 weeks later...

the tents actually pretty nice. there should be plenty of room in there for you.

im going to be staying in town at the Howard Johnsons. this is because of my tendancy to snore a little bit and not keep the whole house up at night.;) trust me im doing you guys a favor.

Tony

the tent is 14' wide by 16' deep, has 4 nice cots, a light and lots of room for more beds. we just use the bathrooms in the house for showers & all. you'll be fine.

since i got back from alaska last week, i've noticed something different.... there is a grasshopper infestation, and they've eaten most of the grass. the goats are about 80% gone. what a shock! maybe they'll come back, and maybe we'll have to hunt harder. we'll see.

since i got back from alaska last week, i've noticed something different.... there is a grasshopper infestation, and they've eaten most of the grass. the goats are about 80% gone. what a shock! maybe they'll come back, and maybe we'll have to hunt harder. we'll see.

Steve, I seem to remember that you had a giant 400 class bull lined up for me in 2006. But what happened? A fire drove all the elk off of the property and scattered them. So we had to adjust our plans, still saw a lot of elk including some great bulls and I harvested a nice 6x6 to boot! ;) So we may have to hunt a little harder, big deal but I'm planning on being out there if I can get the rest of HCO to as well. :cool: Count me in! :D

Dakota :)

driving

I will be driving my suburban and may leave early to allow for a breakdown or two its a 1990 Model GMC Suburban Tinkmobile

Cant wait to meet all you guys and a belated Happy birthday to SB

I have had my share of issue that have robbed me of my time recently

Thanks and see you There

TINK

ive been shedding some pounds, so walking or keeping up with the "old man" shouldnt be a problem for me. :poke::D.

sounds like were going to have a good crew there. im brining my resumes as well. you never know who might be hiring when i get out there.

Tony