Ground Blinds?


struttinhoyt

Recommended Posts

I'm thinking of buying a good ground blind and not sure of what I want to buy...I will be bowhunting out of it and want it big enough to have someone film if I get the chance... I want good concelment and easy setup and take down to move and hunt place to place... I glanced at the Eclipse by Primos... any input is appriciated...:cool::rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I bought mine for $100 or a tad over. That was before it was affiliated with Primos. There's enough room I think for two people comfortably. It came with mesh for all the windows, but it don't really use it. I just keep the solid windows zipped up on three sides and leave one side all open. The fact that it has zippers makes it a little noisy unless you setup (open/close windows you want) and leave it that way. I've been out in a poor and and stayed pretty dry, but water will run down the walls if it's coming down too hard. The windows are big enough but the triangular shape gets a little getting use to. It has a hanger in the middle to hang stuff and a pocket on the side. I don't use them much though to try and not make any noise, but they are there. One other thing I noticed is the zipper to get in to it doesn't have a flap over it, therefore you'll want to have it in front of you so light doesn't leak through behind you. The loops on the outside are enough to brush it in pretty good. The 8 stakes are conveniently held in a pouch on the wall next to the zipper entrance and it also has a string on each side to tie it to a tree if staking it isn't enough. Portability seems pretty good. It came with a carry sleeve, like a fold up camp chair does, that was plenty big enough to fit back into. Also, it has a plastic buckle attached to a cinch strap to hold it all folded together when it's not in the sleeve. It also has a window at the top if you're a waterfowl hunter I suppose.

To summarize the above it's a great groundblind and lots of features for only a third of the cost compared to higher end groundblinds. I'm more than happy with mine, especially spending $100 and not $300.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought the eclipse for turkey hunting this spring. I had myself and my 2 kids in it and a camcorder. There was enough room. It's light and a snap to put up and take down. I did put some water sealent on the seams because I heard they will leak. I have not hunted in the rain with it yet. I like it. At first I didn't think the windows were my style, but after using it I actually prefer them to other window styles. I wouldn't shoot my broadheads through the mesh since I use mechanicals.

The zippers are noisy, so I just attach the black mesh to windows I may get a shot from and keep them unzipped. I don't velcro the black mesh to the windows because the velcro is loud as well. There are hanging clips at the top that can be used to keep the black mesh up.

Edited by fly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.