Bought a wolf tag!

coles

Never thought i would see the day that these would be sold. I didnt know they were even selling them until i was at work today and saw a guy buying one. I was under the impression that they were only selling 75 tags. But they are selling as many as are bought and ending the season when the quota of 75 is filled. makes more sense to me that way. i guess its another way for them to make money too. I knew the season wouldnt be shut down after a sheep rancher down by Dillon had his whole heard of sheep killed in one night by wolves. The things didnt eat even one of the sheep. Just killed for sport like always. Cost me $19 but better to have a tag and see one than to not have a tag and see one.

my younger brother said he knows a guy that knows where a bunch of them are. we are planning a "war party" for them right now. whats a good rifle to use on wolves that wont destroy the pelt?

First of all, congrats on this opportunity! As far as a good rifle, I'd recommend either a .243, .257, .260 or .270. A .30-06 would be a decent gun too. :cool:

Dakota :)

well i got my 270 sighted in and havent shot my 300WSM yet. but it should still be on from last year. I bought some Federal Premium 60gr Nosler partitions for my 22-250 tonight after work. So i guess the best gun i have to use on the dirty buggers will be the one that i have in my hands when he steps out of the trees!

I bought a wolf tag too, but I would be lucky to get a shot at one. I have seen no sign of any kind while hiking this summer and just spent the weekend elk hunting and not a track or pile of scat did I see. Maybe I'll get luck though. I did not see an elk either, but, at least there was plenty of fresh sign of the wapiti kind. Maybe by the time the wolf season opens here there will be some that will move into my hunting area.

• 4 weeks later...