Let the headaches begin!!!

scottb

So our bow season opened on saturday and my brother comes in from outta town and asks me to take him hunting. No problem since we don't get to see each other that often. First thing saturday morning we head out, and let me tell ya i just had a feeling.....

We get to where we are going to hunt and it's not 15 minutes until first light. we get out of the truck and are greeted by the sounds of bugling bulls, man i'm jacked at this point.

He blows his bugle and gets an answer right away, so we move about 30 yrds apart and i hit the cow call, now the bulls are real fired up! So we work this bull for 20 minutes solid, me cow callin, and him sounding like a young hot bull, in comes a beautiful 5x5 just madder then heck, i'm thinking this is going to be a piece of cake, WRONG!!! The bull moves to within 20 yrds of my brother but he can't get a shot because he set up on the wrong side of the tree, he steps out and fires a shot and THWAK!! right into the next tree the arrow goes....

It's not until the elk stops in the next county that he says to me, i guess i should have shot my bow more then just the last 3 days before the season opened.......duhhhhh, why is it that common sense isn't so common??

i didnt even get to go out on saturday. first time in 6 years that ive missed opening day of bow season. I started messing with paper tuning my bow at work and it was all sighted in before i started messing with it. But after paper tuning it, it wasnt even hitting my target from 20 yards. i never found time to sight it back in either. So instead of goin hunting i had to bring my girlfriends sister to a triathalon. Boring to say the least lol. Oh well. Its to hot yet anyways. At least you guys got into the elk. Just about everyone ive talked to hasnt seen anything yet.

Ok, so now i'm ready to just hang myself!!!! my idiot brother missed another bull today, this one was a 5x6 at 33 yards, and then 2 hours later he misses a huge old herd cow at 20 yrds. I have no idea what to do now, kill him or myself, lol.....

He better get his crap together for the hunt tonight, or he'll be hunting by himself for the rest of bow season..