Just Returned From Montana - Antelope

Stinger-Hunter

Great Hunt in Montana - Antelope hunting.

Did you know that Eastern Montana lost 60-80% of their wildlife last March due to 130" of snow in March, 2009?

Wow! There were still alot of game around, but no rabbits, no sage grouse, no whitetails, no mulies and limited antelope.

To me, an Illinois/Indiana guy - there was plenty of game, but others said it was DEAD!

I took two doe antelope - it wasn't easy. The terrain was much different than I am used to here East of the Mississippi.

All in All it was a good couple of days.

South Dakota is next on my list of states to hunt in - We saw tons of mule deer, whitetails, antelope and I even saw a mountain lion chillin' out next to the highway. SD here I come next year or in 2011.

We saw a good portion of bucks - many would be considered trophy bucks on any TV show. Some right next to the road.

We only had doe tags and that is what we shot - we could have easily gotten a couple respectable bucks. But again, my experience of a lot of game is only whitetails in MN, IL, IN - It still seemed like a lot of antelope in Montana - Very little Mulies or Whitetail - South Dakota had a ton of them.