Vancouver Island Bear

buckee

Man that bear on the left is one UGLY sucker ... :bat::clown:

CONGRATS again Steve ..

Hey what are you going to do with the claws ??

Yeah, he is kinda ugly, ain't he. :) The paws are in the compost bin, along with the skull. The maggots do a fine cleanup job :clown:

I'm going to save them for sure. The front claws are almost as long as my fingers. :) Do you want some for a necklace or something? I have a few cougar claws saved too. :)

Do you want some for a necklace or something? I have a few cougar claws saved too. :)

I defintely was looking for atleast 1 ... ;)

Where on Gods green earth did you get the Cougar claws from ??

You didn't happen to have any of those venison sticks made up this year did ya ?? ( Tammy is inquiring ... lol )

Edited by VermontHunter

at least 1 ... ;) - I think I can manage to send you more than just one :)

Where on Gods green earth did you get the Cougar claws from ?? - I ran into a guy who lives beside my buddy Wilf, who happened to either find or ran into a cougar on the highway, north of here. He threw it in the back of his pickup, but left the tailgate down, and got pulled over by the Game warden. ...LOL. He explained what happened, but the game warden wouldn't allow him to keep it. The game warden was busy however and told him to discard of it, and to notify him where he discarded it, so he could check it out later, so he did. I heard the story a while later, and asked him where he discarded it, so I could get the skull. He told me, and off we went to get it, but when we got there, it had already been picked over and the skull was gone. The only thing left worth saving was some of the toenails. I couldn't find them all, because the carcass had been picked pretty darn clean by the ravens and eagles, etc. But I got enough for a nice keep-sake. :):)

You didn't happen to have any of those venison sticks made up this year did ya ?? ( Tammy is inquiring ... lol )

Not with the first deer, but I hopefully will with the second deer. :) (if I can afford it)