Swamphunter Posted November 30, 2009 Report Share Posted November 30, 2009 (edited) I want to find a preferrably free website that allows you to plug a GPS waypoint into it and it show you the location of where that is. I want to make a map of my hunting land and plot my stand sites and location of deer trails and such. What program allows this? Google earth?? Thanks Edited November 30, 2009 by Swamphunter Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
RTPROFamily Posted November 30, 2009 Report Share Posted November 30, 2009 Ken, Randy prints out his hunting land maps on the Weather channel. He said it is better than google earth. When he gets back I can ask him to tell you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted November 30, 2009 Author Report Share Posted November 30, 2009 Thank you! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dawg Posted November 30, 2009 Report Share Posted November 30, 2009 I use Google Earth. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
backwoods07 Posted November 30, 2009 Report Share Posted November 30, 2009 If I'm not mistaken, you're talking about plugging in the exact GPS coordinate of your stand into an aerial map? I'm fairly sure you can do that in Google Earth. You may have to save the map as an image and do some editing in a seperate program. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redkneck Posted November 30, 2009 Report Share Posted November 30, 2009 I'd like to take a look at that when you get more info Ken. I use a program called GPS trackmaker pro. http://www.gpstm.com/ It runs about 85 bucks and I get all my trails and such loaded right out of the gps into my cad program at work. I get results like this: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redkneck Posted November 30, 2009 Report Share Posted November 30, 2009 I seem to be having attachment problems today so take a look at this thread: http://www.realtree.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89090&highlight=map I would like to take this and overlay onto an aerial map, but so far haven't found the best way to do that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ahunter61 Posted December 1, 2009 Report Share Posted December 1, 2009 google earth, it's free and easy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Swamphunter Posted December 2, 2009 Author Report Share Posted December 2, 2009 google earth, it's free and easy and always seems to mess my computer up for some reason Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.