Guided Sasquatch Hunt- $0

TN Bucknasty

I recorded an animal making a very loud shrieking noise that no outdoorsman I know has been able to identify so far. I've heard foxes, bobcats, etc. before, but I've never heard this sound. I got close enough to record it on my cell phone and I could hear it moving around in the leaves. I've pretty much dismissed it as just a sound that one of the usual critters makes on occasion. However, since my dad, step brother, and all the neighbors heard it too, I've been the only person in the woods. This is the best thing to happen to my hunting situation in a long time!

I had some 40 year old guy who'd heard about it approach me at a ball game last night. He introduced himself as a paranormal investigator and listed off all of his high tech infrared equipment and recording devices, etc. He informed me that he'd like to come out to my property and do whatever it is he and his little buddies do in my woods. He started talking about sasquatch, aliens, and ghosts in the area. He said that he was willing to carry on an investigation probono (free of charge). I tried really hard to restrain myself, but I lost it when he said that he had all of his equipment in his room in his mom's basement. I laughed until I about messed up my britches. I thanked him for the offer and he kept following and nagging me. He began to cock an attitude and started calling me a "nonbeliever" whatever that means.

I said, "I'd rather have a sasquatch or a maneating alien monster ghost hanging around on my property than 500 geeks messing up my deer hunting because they want to play dungeons and dragons in my woods instead of mom's basement." What is wrong with some people? Sometimes I wonder if there aren't people who were put on earth for the sole purpose of our entertainment. :stupid::saber:

How could you pass up that offer?

Sounds like a great oppertunity to host a paintball hunt for you and some of your buddies .:ninja:

You're right! Dang it! Why didn't I think of that before?

Well, probably wouldn't have been a good idea considering that I teach his son in my class. (Yeah, I know what you're wondering- "How can a virgin have a kid"- I've wondered that myself.) I tried really hard to be polite until he began harassing me about it.

I chuckled pretty good at that too..LOL

I'm in, let's go get it :)

I sure would like to hear the sounds. Is there any way to send them in an email?

[email protected]

I found a recording online at http://www.stancourtney.com/wordpress/2009/04/10/distant-screams-in-the-night/ that is the same sound. I've heard a lot of foxes, and I've always heard them make more of a roaring, deeper sound. I'd say it was a bird, but I heard an animal walking. Could have been 2 different critters I guess.

I recorded an animal making a very loud shrieking noise that no outdoorsman I know has been able to identify so far. I've heard foxes, bobcats, etc. before, but I've never heard this sound. I got close enough to record it on my cell phone and I could hear it moving around in the leaves. I've pretty much dismissed it as just a sound that one of the usual critters makes on occasion. However, since my dad, step brother, and all the neighbors heard it too, I've been the only person in the woods. This is the best thing to happen to my hunting situation in a long time!

I had some 40 year old guy who'd heard about it approach me at a ball game last night. He introduced himself as a paranormal investigator and listed off all of his high tech infrared equipment and recording devices, etc. He informed me that he'd like to come out to my property and do whatever it is he and his little buddies do in my woods. He started talking about sasquatch, aliens, and ghosts in the area. He said that he was willing to carry on an investigation probono (free of charge). I tried really hard to restrain myself, but I lost it when he said that he had all of his equipment in his room in his mom's basement. I laughed until I about messed up my britches. I thanked him for the offer and he kept following and nagging me. He began to cock an attitude and started calling me a "nonbeliever" whatever that means.

I said, "I'd rather have a sasquatch or a maneating alien monster ghost hanging around on my property than 500 geeks messing up my deer hunting because they want to play dungeons and dragons in my woods instead of mom's basement." What is wrong with some people? Sometimes I wonder if there aren't people who were put on earth for the sole purpose of our entertainment. :stupid::saber:

I think that may have been the funnniest thing i have ever heard. great reply to him though, i loved it.:hammer1:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Probably porqupines breeding. It gets messy! Good thing you only heard and didn't see it!:D That scientist, does he drive an old AMC Pacer?

Mark

WHOA!!! I'll bet that is a terrible sight to behold!!! I'll bet they would be hollering and carrying on. We don't have porcupines in this corner of the world though.

I'm not sure of this but, I'd guess that the scientist probably drives a Honda scooter.