Savage animal

muggs

Yesterday, in what actually was one of the more entertaining games to watch, Jerome Harrison of the Browns ran for 286 yards and 3 TDs. It was the 3rd best rushing performance in NFL history.

During that same game, my Kent St. brotha Joshua Cribbs ran back two kickoffs, giving him 8 for his career. That is the NFL record as no one else has more than 6.

My man Phil Savage got both of these guys for a total of one 5th round draft pick. Harrison had some huge holes opened up by his fullback Lawrence Vickers, who, was a Phil Savage 6th round draft pick and should be a Pro Bolwer ever year...dude is so underrated.

Remember when I'd talk up Phil Savage and you guys tried calling me out? Just goes to show you, I know what I'm talking about, and just because you're fired from the Browns doesn't mean anything.

They're going to fire Eric Mangini too...and the guy can coach. It's really a shame. Our owner is a dufus.

Dude, put a 6 year old at GM and he'll make a couple nice picks. Every team in the league gets good players late in the draft. No big deal. Instead of talking about the 2 that worked out(which by the way calm down, it was Kansas City) why don't we discuss the milions of moves he got wrong. Savage is junk. Mangini is even worse.

He hit on way more than he missed. It really shows how litte you know John. Remember the Joe Thomas pick we both dogged? Well he's on his way to his third Pro Bowl in three years. D'Qwell Jackson, dude led the league in tackles in 2008. Eric Wright, very solid corner.

On top of that, he convinced top free agents to sign with the Browns. He was one of the top talent evaluators in the game, no question.

Here's why John thinks Mangini is bad. Mangini doesn't talk to the media, so it makes reporters jobs difficult, so they jump all over him. Make that the New York media, and they'll make you public enemy #1. So, since you can't deduce anything with your own mind, you go off what you hear and see on TV.

In reality, the guy came in and blew up a bad team with an even worse attitude problem. He got value for two punks in Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow (who haven't really lit the world on fire with their new teams). And he also turned 4 draft picks they had into 11 this coming year.

More importantly, the guys system is finally starting to show. He has a 3-11 team playing with heart and fire in December. They have 6 defensive starters on the IR, and he had undrafted rookies sacking the life out of Big Ben and he beat the Steelers.

His track record in New York was much better than the filter media outlets who control your thought patterns would give him credit for.

Think back about 14 months, when the Jets had one loss and they beat the then, undefeated Titans. The Jets were the team to beat...then Brett Favre threw 14 INTs vs. 4 TDs with a bum arm and cost Mangini his job.

Josh Cribbs said if you'd poll the players, 100% would vote to keep Mangini as their coach. In a tough year, that's saying something.

Wake up John. Your reality lies at the ends of my fingers.

He hit on way more than he missed. It really shows how litte you know John. Remember the Joe Thomas pick we both dogged? Well he's on his way to his third Pro Bowl in three years. D'Qwell Jackson, dude led the league in tackles in 2008. Eric Wright, very solid corner.

On top of that, he convinced top free agents to sign with the Browns. He was one of the top talent evaluators in the game, no question.

Here's why John thinks Mangini is bad. Mangini doesn't talk to the media, so it makes reporters jobs difficult, so they jump all over him. Make that the New York media, and they'll make you public enemy #1. So, since you can't deduce anything with your own mind, you go off what you hear and see on TV.

In reality, the guy came in and blew up a bad team with an even worse attitude problem. He got value for two punks in Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow (who haven't really lit the world on fire with their new teams). And he also turned 4 draft picks they had into 11 this coming year.

More importantly, the guys system is finally starting to show. He has a 3-11 team playing with heart and fire in December. They have 6 defensive starters on the IR, and he had undrafted rookies sacking the life out of Big Ben and he beat the Steelers.

His track record in New York was much better than the filter media outlets who control your thought patterns would give him credit for.

Think back about 14 months, when the Jets had one loss and they beat the then, undefeated Titans. The Jets were the team to beat...then Brett Favre threw 14 INTs vs. 4 TDs with a bum arm and cost Mangini his job.

Josh Cribbs said if you'd poll the players, 100% would vote to keep Mangini as their coach. In a tough year, that's saying something.

Wake up John. Your reality lies at the ends of my fingers.

BAZINGA!!!

I hate to agree with Muggs but it's all true. Savage was on his way to building a decent team. Then the dumb-ass owner stepped in.

Now comes the Walrus. Holmgren is as good if not better at evaluating talent than Savage was.

Didn't get stuck with them....I chose them by going to college there.:D

Yeah, and it's a D-I school with a solid athletic program. I have a hard time believing you'd be rooting for Murray St., over the Sooners or Cowboys if that's where you went.

My dad made me a Buckeye from birth. That was 18 years before I became a Golden Flash and I didn't even get my degree from there. But Cribbs was their QB during my time. I loved him even after he got arrested for selling dope.

But you're right. I guess maybe I shouldn't root for the Buckeyes and be a huge Kent State Golden Flash guy. I mean, I did drink heavily at that school for 4 years, and they do go 4-4 in the MAC which is much more fun than watching the Scarlet and Grey go to the Rose Bowl. I'll just supress all the memories of sitting on the couch with my dad as he told me stories about Woody Hayes as I watched Eddie George run over and around Michigan players. Good point Kevin.:clap:

btw- Not sure what I'm going to do with my Woody Hayes poster. Guess I could take it down and put up a (hold on while I google who the coach of Kent St. is)...ah...hah a Doug Martin poster. That would make complete sense for me.

Edited by muggs

Hey genius, if you haven't noticed, the Clowns are 3 and what?

They won 4 games last year, half the team is on the IR (including Brady Quinn as of this morning)...I think you got to give Mangini more than 14 games to right the ship.

As far as Bula goes, you keep this up, you'll need a good map if you want to see it.:gunsmilie:

Savage is a great GM because Joe Thomas has made 3 Probowls, Jackson led the league in tackles, and Eric Wright is a "solid" corner??? LMAO!! That's the most ridiculous thing you have ever typed on this forum.

That's your argument? Wow. What about the rest of the team that absolutely blows? How many wins per season are they averging under Savage? 3? Ohhh but that's ok because Joe Thomas has made 3 Pro Bowls. So, Savage must be a genius. :bang:

Savage is a great GM because Joe Thomas has made 3 Probowls, Jackson led the league in tackles, and Eric Wright is a "solid" corner??? LMAO!! That's the most ridiculous thing you have ever typed on this forum.

That's your argument? Wow. What about the rest of the team that absolutely blows? How many wins per season are they averging under Savage? 3? Ohhh but that's ok because Joe Thomas has made 3 Pro Bowls. So, Savage must be a genius. :bang:

Actually, I have much more supporting evidence.

Chris Mortensen, who is in tune with the league vibe more than you, wouldn't you agree, and who also has other GM and league officials tell him more off the record than you do, right? He was interviewed on Cleveland's ESPN radio station here and said the Browns biggest mistake was firing Savage and that was the league-wide opinion.

Let's see here, what else is laying around in the ole' "John Knows Jack" tool shed here...oh, what's this...the fact that 4, count them 4, teams brought him in as a draft consultant within months of his firing from the Browns.

Oh, and look over here, it's the fact that he was able to bring in marque free agents to the Cleveland Browns...a cold weather city with a losing culture. LeCharles Bentley was the #1 free agent (not just #1 oline FA that year, the #1 overall free agent), Gary Baxter was the top defensive FA the year Savage locked him down, Eric Steinbach was the #1 offensive lineman FA the year Savage got him...

Jerome Harrison, 5th round pick. Lawrence Vickers (probably the best FB in the league, top 3 anyway) 6th round pick, Josh Cribbs (might be the first special teamer to make the HOF) undrafted free agent, DA not the greatest, but the dude signed him off waivers and he led the Browns to a 10 win year and made the Pro Bowl.

Savage and the Browns had poor luck with injuries, that's not to say he didn't do a stellar job.

What impresses me the most, and really, anyone with a little common sense is what the guy was able to do with so little.

Limus Sweed...bust...Timmons...bust...and those are first and second round picks. Wake up John, honestly, I used to think you knew a thing or two.:hammer1:

Oh now you are using ESPN talking heads for your argument? Would this be the same ESPN you rip everybody else for listening too? :hammer1:

Timmons isn't bust by the way,he's the starting middle linebacker.

James Harrison. You might know him, he was the defensive player of the year last year. UNDRAFTED.

Willie Parker. You might know him too. He runs for about 150 yards everytime he plays the Browns. Made a couple Pro Bowls and has the longest run in the history of the Super Bowl. UNDRAFTED.

Let's take a look at what else our Steelers GM has drafted. Lamar Woodley, Mike Wallace, Big Ben, Troy Polamalu, Santonio Holmes, Rashard Mendenhall...I can go on if you want.

But hey, you clearly have the best GM in the league up there in Cleveland. Have fun winning 5 games again next year.:bang:

Oh now you are using ESPN talking heads for your argument? Would this be the same ESPN you rip everybody else for listening too? :hammer1:

Timmons isn't bust by the way,he's the starting middle linebacker.

James Harrison. You might know him, he was the defensive player of the year last year. UNDRAFTED.

Willie Parker. You might know him too. He runs for about 150 yards everytime he plays the Browns. Made a couple Pro Bowls and has the longest run in the history of the Super Bowl. UNDRAFTED.

Let's take a look at what else our Steelers GM has drafted. Lamar Woodley, Mike Wallace, Big Ben, Troy Polamalu, Santonio Holmes, Rashard Mendenhall...I can go on if you want.

But hey, you clearly have the best GM in the league up there in Cleveland. Have fun winning 5 games again next year.:bang:

Chris Mortensen speaks directly to every GM in the league dbag, think about it...

Timmons sucks man.

And did I ever say the Steelers GM was bad?

How's that 8 win season taste John? How about your coach, who never should have been hired kicking on side kicks and not trusting the Steelers D? How about that same coach turning the Steelers into a passing team?

Trouble on the horizon.

Chris Mortensen speaks directly to every GM in the league dbag, think about it...

Timmons sucks man.

And did I ever say the Steelers GM was bad?

How's that 8 win season taste John? How about your coach, who never should have been hired kicking on side kicks and not trusting the Steelers D? How about that same coach turning the Steelers into a passing team?

Trouble on the horizon.

Would you be referring to the team that won 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years? I think I can handle an 8 win season every once in a while.

Oh by the way, how many 8 win seasons did the Browns have under the best GM in the league? 1? None?

Better turn on the TV and soak up some more ESPN so they can form your next argument for ya.

Would you be referring to the team that won 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years? I think I can handle an 8 win season every once in a while.

Oh by the way, how many 8 win seasons did the Browns have under the best GM in the league? 1? None?

Better turn on the TV and soak up some more ESPN so they can form your next argument for ya.

They had one. Considering the mismanagement and the fact that they lost their franchise, Savage was able to do great things in a short period of time.

His 5th round pick, Jerome Harrison gained about 130 again this week, running behind Savage's Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas and the #1 free agent LG Eric Steinbach he convinced to play for the Browns, who was also led blocked by his Pro Bowl caliber fullback who was a Savage 6th rounder, and the ball was handed off to him by Derek Anderson, who Savage picked up off waivers and and who led them to a 10 win season and made Pro Bowl. DA isn't much, but we got him for nothing so it was pretty much a brilliant move.

Josh Cribbs, Savage's undrafted free agent signing, is also the most prolific special teams player of all-time, ran for a 14 yard TD yesterday, and has gained over 2,500 all purpose yards this year which is the 4th most of all-time.

Savage was good.

If being fired from the Browns was a measuring stick for your talent, Bill Bellicheat would be coaching in the UFL.

Being fired by the Browns means nothing. You have to read into it a little more John Boy.

Edited by muggs