Four in a row

Gator

How do you explain the twenty-one years from 1982-2002 when the conference only won two titles?

Bottomline, the SEC has had some very good teams at the top of the conference the last 8 years or so. That doesn't make the entire conference that much better than any other. With McCoy in there, Texas looked like the better team...period.

Even Kentuckyturkey will have to admit 'Bama sort of back into this one with the winniest QB in college football history going out as early as he did, but hey, they beat the team in front of them so they deserve it. Also, the Florida teams under Meyer have been great, but that's one program not an entire conference.

You also have to realize that it's become the en vogue thing to slurp the SEC. The conference is currently the media's darling. Seeing how the media votes on which teams can get in to the title game, that sure helps.

That's how I explain it. It's true and rational.

Like I've said on here several times, LSU, Florida, and Alabama are great teams, but that doesn't mean the entire conference has super human defenses and super humans who run faster than anyone...speed kills yada yada yada. The Big Ten has OSU, Penn State and Iowa, the Big 12 has Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska all great programs.

Edited by muggs

You also have to realize that it's become the en vogue thing to slurp the SEC. The conference is currently the media's darling. Seeing how the media votes on which teams can get in to the title game, that sure helps.

Haha... Alabama sure needed alot of help to get voted into this one. :rolleyes:

Guest TennesseeTurkey

I dont know about backed into it, Bama ran all over the #2 rush defense in the nation.... Nobody can honestly say that IF Mccoy hadnt got hurt Texas wouldve won, because he still had something to prove against Bama's D... we never got to see how he could do against it, yeah more than likely he wouldve been great but he also could have thrown 6 ints too, we'll never know.... all I know is in this last decade the SEC has been the best conference....