Wyoming Archery Elk Hunting Prime Time?

123 4/8 P&Y

In my experience in Montana, the first two weeks of September are probably the best bet for calling in a mature bull because they are trying to establish harems at this time. They are not necessarily the most vocal at this time and bulls will often sneak in to your calling without making a sound - it is also quite warm still during this time and bulls are most active at dusk and dawn. The last couple weeks of September and into October you can hear a ton of bugling, but will have a harder time pulling mature bulls away from cows. Weather, hunting pressure, predators, and other factors always play a factor during the rut also. If you are bow hunting for 10 days and want an opportunity at a good bull and also hear some good bugling action, I would probably recommend from about September 7th to the 17th. Curious what others that have hunted Wyoming have to say. I have never hunted down there myself.