Interception Boy Farve!!..LOL

Ravin R10 man

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the vikes screwed up alot in this game. Doesn't call for all of the Saints cheap shots on Favre throughout the entire game! Taking out his legs is a pretty lame way to go to the super bowl don't you think? Pretty sure Saints should have never got that last touchdown! There is no way that it was a touchdown. I guess the NFL got what they wanted money wise. The Saints vs. Colts will give them some really good ratings. I don't think any other qb in the league would come back out on the field after getting crushed like that. Its been an amazing year for the vikes. The best I've seen in a long time. I'm glad Favre gave it his all for the team.

Edited by Tom2008

Yep Brett had one bad play in this game yet thats all you haters can dwell on. Had the rest of the Vikings played as hard or with as much heart as Brett it would have been a blowout in the Vikes favor. There were a ton of cheap shots on Brett today to,had that been pretty boy Brady they would have been called.

Say what you want about Favre, but I'm pretty sure the vikes crushed the packers in both games. ;) Atleast we made it to the last playoff game.

Doesn't matter, neither team will be in the Super Bowl and both teams seasons ended in a loss.

I'm glad the season ended the way it did for 'ol #4. He last play was an INT. It'll be a while before I lose this smile. :D

Favre had three turnovers today. And Minnesota got just as many favorable calls as New Orleans did.

Quite a game. Minnesota out-played New Orleans all game, but the turnovers killed them.

The Saints brought it to Favre and pressured him hard. When you do that, he turns the ball over. As far as cheap shots on Favre, I disagree. As beloved as he is around the NFL and in it's front office, he would get those calls if they were truely roughing the passer. He just plain had it handed to him by the Saints D-line. But the Queens had the game and beat themselves with sloppy play. They still can't win the big one:poke::D!! And yes, the Queens had the Pack's number this year, but next year we'll still have Rodgers and you'll have Tavaris Jackson :clown:

Yes the vikes screwed up alot in this game. Doesn't call for all of the Saints cheap shots on Favre throughout the entire game! Taking out his legs is a pretty lame way to go to the super bowl don't you think? Pretty sure Saints should have never got that last touchdown! There is no way that it was a touchdown. I guess the NFL got what they wanted money wise. The Saints vs. Colts will give them some really good ratings. I don't think any other qb in the league would come back out on the field after getting crushed like that. Its been an amazing year for the vikes. The best I've seen in a long time. I'm glad Favre gave it his all for the team.

I can't stand Farve. See ya.

The Saints brought it to Favre and pressured him hard. When you do that, he turns the ball over. As far as cheap shots on Favre, I disagree. As beloved as he is around the NFL and in it's front office, he would get those calls if they were truely roughing the passer. He just plain had it handed to him by the Saints D-line. But the Queens had the game and beat themselves with sloppy play. They still can't win the big one:poke::D!! And yes, the Queens had the Pack's number this year, but next year we'll still have Rodgers and you'll have Tavaris Jackson :clown:

So the rule the call the Tom Brady rule which is to prevent from going low on a QB's legs doesn't apply to Brett?

Doesn't matter, neither team will be in the Super Bowl and both teams seasons ended in a loss.

I'm glad the season ended the way it did for 'ol #4. He last play was an INT. It'll be a while before I lose this smile. :D

Favre had three turnovers today. And Minnesota got just as many favorable calls as New Orleans did.

Quite a game. Minnesota out-played New Orleans all game, but the turnovers killed them.

I've been a packers fan all my life, but more of a favre fan than anything. I love the way he plays the game and the class he shows on and off the field. If you're that sour about his decision to play for the vikes then fine, but don't wish bad for him because the packers wouldn't take him back when he wanted to play again.

And for everyone who gets fed up with his retirement decisions put yourself in his shoes. He has a HUGE love of the game, so big a love that he took hits all night during the Saints game and almost injured his ankle, yet he came out to keep battling becuase he wanted to see his team do win an NFC Championship. If you loved something that much but your body was getting weak to the point that you might not be able to continue doing what it is that you love, would you be able to make that decision easily? to just give up in a heartbeat what you have a passion for? i hate it when people criticize him for not being able to let go of what he has loved to do his whole life. I was pulling for the vikings this whole year just so brett could get what he had been playing for because if anyone deserved it, brett did.

Ha haaa!! What did I tell you Vike fans huh? Unless they turn this one around he threw it away for ya didnt he?..LOL ..Going to OT ..he better redeem himself now!

You can't pin this loss on favre's INT at the end. Who says longwell woulda made the field goal after that play? what about the other 4 turnovers the vikings made? If your still upset that Favre didn't take your team to the NFC Championship game then thats ok, but don't wish bad for the QB that won you a Super Bowl and played through injuries for your team.

I've been a packers fan my whole life but a Favre fan more than anything. I was pulling for the vikes this year so Brett could get what he wanted and go out on top, instead of living the rest of his life in regret

I think all the turn overs or at least two of them happened after an inury that would of took out any other quarter back. The man played with it and you could clearly tell he was in pain almost the whole second half.

ADRIAN PETERSON IS THE ONE TO BLAME FOR THIS GAME!

Not Favre. Interceptions happen to all quarter backs. Pretty sure no quarterback has zero interceptions this season. Brees nearly had a couple of intereceptions this game as well.

Edited by Tom2008

I could careless who won this game.....All I wanted to see was a good game. And I got that!!! Great game to watch.

However I think Favre DID lose the game.....The game was all but won for the vikings until he tried to do to much! That cost the Vikings the game.

Yeah peterson fumbled as did some others but the vikings where in the game and had it won UNTIL Farves INT at the end.

About 50 minutes into that game I had actually become a Favre fan. He had played absolutely unreal through the whole season up to that point. I was thinking to myself he finally figured it out at the age of 40.

Then the old Favre showed up. I was actually surprised given how well he has played. He chokes under the biggest pressure that's all there is to it. We've seen it a million times. That pick at the end of overtime....throwing it across the field in that situation??? He's got 10 yards of open field ahead, run a few yards, slide and get the kicking unit out. Unreal.:oops:

instead of living the rest of his life in regret

You REALLY think he is gonna live the rest of his life in regret? The man has a life outside of football. It's not like he hasn't won a Super bowl.

Yea! I mean, he only accounted for 75% of your points, and ran for over 120 yards.

Interceptions happen to all quarter backs. Pretty sure no quarterback has zero interceptions this season.
That can go both ways you know. In fact, i am pretty sure no starting RB had 0 fumbles this season either. Fumbles happen to all runningbacks. But hey, you wanna blame him for losing two fumbles? Fine. I'll simply point out that it was the lack of big plays by the defense that really killed em. You lose 5 turnovers, you sure has heck better get some back, or atleast get to the qb more. Drew Brees did what brett couldn't, and that was just manage the game, and limit the big mistakes.

In the end, you vikings fans should be proud of your team(if you aren't, stop watching football, cuz that was a great season for you). They gave a great effort, and despite the mistakes, were in a position to win at the end of the game. But were ultimately beaten by a team that just played smarter football when it mattered. Now you get to go through the 5 month wafflefest that is a brett favre offseason.

Edited by BrotherBadger

Who would have figured a Favre INT would lead to OT and a game winning field goal? Guess that train has been derailed again!

All is right in the world. Down goes Favre and the Queens! :boxing:

Fist bump brother! :boxing:

Yes the vikes screwed up alot in this game. Doesn't call for all of the Saints cheap shots on Favre throughout the entire game! Taking out his legs is a pretty lame way to go to the super bowl don't you think? .

Cheap shots on Favre!?!? Yeeeeeah right! :rolleyes: Get out your chess set Alice! This is the NFL and all they did was pressure him. Troy Aikman said it best when described the hit on Farve, "This is what they teach you in Pop Warner football."

Are you kidding?

Peterson had 3 TD's. He fumbled the ball twice and both times Minnesota recovered. The Vikings had the ball at the 35 after the penalty, which is a 52 yard field goal and in Longwell's range. You had 19 seconds and 1 time out. You didn't need any yards. All you had to do was run the clock down, maybe pick up a couple yards and send in Longwell for a shot at the Super Bowl. Instead, the old Brett came alive and threw away Minnesota's chance at a Super Bowl. Sounds like sweet justice for a Packers fan. After all, we had to put up with this same heckling when the 'ol gunslinger threw a pick that ended GB's chance at a Super Bowl in 2007. TRUE Packers fans all over the world are smiling this morning.

Fist bump brother! :boxing:

BOOM! :D